No plane shifting in Garou: MOTW

BigFred

Neither Big nor Fred, ,
I've been wondering this for a while now. Sorry if it's already been posted or if I'm posting it in the wrong area. Anyway, why is there no plane shifting in Garou: MOTW?

The one thing which made Fatal Fury games unique was the ability to switch planes during a fight. It gave the 2D game a 3D atmosphere, which was part of the reason the 3D conversion was so bad. It was a feature which I thought would never disappear, am I the only guy here who actually liked that idea? The game was great but, it just seemed like another version of KoF.

thundr51

Bead Banger
I actually kinda disliked the idea of plane shifting for a while. Whenever I would play with a friend he would just plane-shift all day. Hit and run tactics. But then I found out that some characters have shift attacks.

Now I kinda like it. It helps avoid attacks but it still is no good against the cpu. Everytime I shift they know exactly where I'm going and hit me.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
I miss the Plane Shift as well. Probably the biggest reason I didn't fall in love with MOTW; second being the fact that SNK kept those cheesy dodge attacks; among other things I didn't care for in the Garou series.

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
That's one thing I hate about MotW. There is no dodging so I'm forced to get hit with shitty projectiles and crap.

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
The lack of the line feed system in MOTW does throw off the classic FF game play, but I can get around it. MOTW is still a great game.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Who cares? Plane shifting is just great on Fatal Fury Special to give perfects with Joe Higashi against Terry Bogard!

Oh! I forgot the Real Bouts. Usefull Plane Shifting, not for Garou.

FF, FF2, FF Special and Real Bout FF Special had the only useful planeshifting features, because you could fully interact in both planes.

The other games just provided an evade and strike alternative.
icon13.gif

BigFred

Neither Big nor Fred, ,
I thought it provided some useful game tactics. Krauser for example could continually do the Kaiser Wave and very few attacks would interrupt him in the Real Bout games. The safest way to attack him would be to immediately shift to the other plane (dash if he was too far away) and attack him. The same applied to Billy Kane's S. Power.

Some levels in RB2 don't have a back plane so picking Krauser is a blessing. Yamazaki's level is a good example. You can continually shoot Kaiser waves at a cpu controlled Yamazaki and win the match. Yamazaki will hardly ever perform Break Shots. :)

Originally posted by BigFred:
<strong>
Some levels in RB2 don't have a back plane so picking Krauser is a blessing. Yamazaki's level is a good example. You can continually shoot Kaiser waves at a cpu controlled Yamazaki and win the match. Yamazaki will hardly ever perform Break Shots. :) </strong><hr></blockquote>

Not quite! In RB2 you can jump over Kaiser Wave, Power Geyser, etc.

In RBS you can not.