Nine Inch Nails in Chicago

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
I have one ticket for the Friday, 5/6 show. Are any other members going? So far, I'm going alone (I wouldn't dare miss the chance), which is OK with me, although it would be cool to hook up with some other members... and since the show is general admission, this would work easily. I'm scheduled to work the day shift (8-4) that day, but I may take it off as a vacation day.

LMK.

dogtoy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I would definitely go, but i'm not sure I want to drive all the way to chicago. I'm in louisville. Love the Nails though!!! What kind of venue is this in?? I'd love to see them in something small. Are tickets still available?

-DT

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
something tells me buttasuperb isn't going

BTW bulls won last night.

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
From what I know the venue is indeed small. Tickets sold out in seconds for both the pre-sale and the main sale. I had people try to get them for me (while I was working) both times just as the tickets went on sale but were unsuccessful each time. I bought my ticket on eBay for $149. Some may think that's crazy, or sick, but truth be told, I'd pay a lot more than that if there wre no other recourse. I don't think very highly of sellers whose only intention is to horde hard-to-get tickets and sell them at a huge premium. I think it's taking advantage of fans who only want to see their band... not make money... but this is America where people are out to make money whether the means might be considered unethical or not, and necessity breeds allies.

Fortunately there is a law in Illinois that limits the resale prices.

dogtoy said:
I would definitely go, but i'm not sure I want to drive all the way to chicago. I'm in louisville. Love the Nails though!!! What kind of venue is this in?? I'd love to see them in something small. Are tickets still available?

-DT

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Tell me about it, the day they went for sale they were sold out :oh_no:

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
You have fun at the concert. :)

They're playing the Hard Rock on April 30th for the hotel's 10th anniversary bash, and the chances of me going to that show are zero. So be sure to have fun for me too, because if I work that night, I'm getting my ass kicked.

dogtoy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Yeah, enjoy the show for all of us!!! It sounds like it'll be great fun. I would love to see the nails sometime, They are on my list of shows to see along with Chemical Brothers, PJ Harvey, Tom Petty, and Tool.

Let us know what songs they were playing, like if it was mostly older stuff (like downward spiral and older) or if was all like the fragile or something. You should trip for us too if you get a chance and let us know how that goes as well :smirk:
I've always thought tripping at a nails concert would be amazing.

-DT

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
dogtoy said:
Yeah, enjoy the show for all of us!!! It sounds like it'll be great fun. I would love to see the nails sometime, They are on my list of shows to see along with Chemical Brothers, PJ Harvey, Tom Petty, and Tool.

Let us know what songs they were playing, like if it was mostly older stuff (like downward spiral and older) or if was all like the fragile or something. You should trip for us too if you get a chance and let us know how that goes as well :smirk:
I've always thought tripping at a nails concert would be amazing.

-DT

Uhh, no... I won't be tripping. That would be quite stupid of me.

dogtoy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
RiotoftheBlood said:
Uhh, no... I won't be tripping. That would be quite stupid of me.

Why?? I mean I realize some people aren't down for it, and that's cool, but why would it be stupid? Trent Reznor used to trip a lot, so did I...

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
FUCK!!!! :blow_top:

I wish I was going!!! When I went to Ticket Master to buy tickets a while ago, they were sold out. So I checked Ebay and the cheapest tickets for Chicago were going for over $100 a peice! I live in MN so it's about a five hour or more drive to get to Chicago. I drive a shitty pizza car (89 civic), I don't trust it to get me there and back. So I need someone with a good car to drive. Unfortunitely, the only one I know that's a big enough fan to pay the cash for the tickets, and has a car that could take us there and back, (one of my roomates) would have to take off a day from work (not likely). The only other venue I could possibly go to is Colorado, but that's a longer drive in the middle of the week so more work would have to be missed.

Why can't NIN just come to Minnesota or Wisconsin? That would make things easier on me. I don't want to wait until fall or later to see one of my favorite bands.

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
Because I don't want to lose my job... and consequently my entire way of life. If you want to trip and can do it while not affecting anyone else, then cool... but some people aren't in a position where they can (or at least would want to) do that.

dogtoy said:
Why?? I mean I realize some people aren't down for it, and that's cool, but why would it be stupid? Trent Reznor used to trip a lot, so did I...

Pink Spider

Beast Buster
I just seen NIN lastight in Reno.
Great show! Everything sounded wonderful.
The bitch who was the solo opening act sucked shit though.

dogtoy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
RiotoftheBlood said:
Because I don't want to lose my job... and consequently my entire way of life. If you want to trip and can do it while not affecting anyone else, then cool... but some people aren't in a position where they can (or at least would want to) do that.

That's cool, and I totally understand not wanting to trip. Some people should never trip anyway, I've seen people trip who shouldn't and it's not pretty. I've also seen people end up in the hospital because they have hurt themselves tripping. I wasn't implying that everyone should trip, because they shouldn't. I do like to though and would probably really enjoy it at a NIN show.

I suppose I was just curious as to why you said it would be stupid. Hope you enjoy the show tonight!!!! Let us know about it.
Cheers,
-DT