NGPC Have A Problem!!!!!!!!!!!

asian_red_star

New Challenger
:help: One my NGPC does excessive blinking even though I change the AA batterys could this be because of the other battery(the circle one?)

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Blinking on and off? Random resetting? I don't fully understand the problem.
You may try cleaning the cart contacts with copper-cleaner--or rubbing alcohol if there's nothing better to use.

If it still resets after that, you may consider stretching the coils so the batteries fit tighter in the case.

But blinking? Is it blinking and gameplay continuing, or blinking and gameplay resetting?

fenikso

Athena's Stalker
15 Year Member
KagerouSama said:
Blinking on and off? Random resetting? I don't fully understand the problem.
You may try cleaning the cart contacts with copper-cleaner--or rubbing alcohol if there's nothing better to use.

If it still resets after that, you may consider stretching the coils so the batteries fit tighter in the case.

But blinking? Is it blinking and gameplay continuing, or blinking and gameplay resetting?
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that he means the power on indicator LED. If that is what he means, then yes, you probably have to change the circular battery.

If you mean the system blinks on and off repeatedly then you'll have to wait until one of the tech gurus on this site responds. Though the suggestions that KagerouSama gave all sound like good places to start.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
asian_red_star said:
:help: One my NGPC does excessive blinking even though I change the AA batterys could this be because of the other battery(the circle one?)

Yes if the circle battery is weak/dead/non inserted then the unit will blink constantly. Change the circle battery and you're good to go.