New U.S. Outrun Coast to Coast info.

ferrarimanf355

Bullets QB
I contacted someone who works for Sumo Digital about whether or not it's going to be backwards compatible on the 360 right off the bat. If it is, I'm buying. :chimp:

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Really, they should include some kind of patch right on the disk, or something, for Xbox games released from this point. I'm still buying, but that should be an addition.

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
This is good news, but I still hope it comes out for the 360 (and not just through backwards compatibility).

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I love Outrun 2, my only wish is that I want to make the race longer than 5 rounds, like string them all together (randomly) would be awesome.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Ill get the PS2 one :chimp:

Why Sega doesnt make all of their games multiplatform is beyond me. Its pretty dumb when they are a floundering business and need all the money they can get.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Partially because Sega wasn't committing to any port, at the time. Remember, Outrun 2 was a licenced-out easy port from Xbox hardware to Xbox hardware. It's just that the team they got to do it did a fantastic job on it.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Kirk Foiden said:
Partially because Sega wasn't committing to any port, at the time. Remember, Outrun 2 was a licenced-out easy port from Xbox hardware to Xbox hardware. It's just that the team they got to do it did a fantastic job on it.

Yeah I guess I can see that, just porting straight from the arcade hardware to its console counterpart saves time and money.

But I dunno, Id kind of liked to have seen VF4 on Xbox and PDZ and stuff on PS2.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
Lastblade said:
I love Outrun 2, my only wish is that I want to make the race longer than 5 rounds, like string them all together (randomly) would be awesome.

IIRC, there was something like that on the somewhat rare arcade release, OutRun 2 Special Tours... I don't know if they're random but you do apparently play 15 stages in a row.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
WTF?

Why isn't this being made for the 360? :spock:

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
galfordo said:
WTF?

Why isn't this being made for the 360? :spock:

It was just announced. There maybe something planned to support it, but right now it is mentioning popular targets. I'm unsure if it will get a 360-specific disk either as technically they could make it work on both Xbox and 360. That's considering that the Xbox can perfectly render the game requiring no extra hardware, to make it look better. Since the last outrun even supported widescreen progressive, I guess they could make the port even support 360's 720p resolution. But regardless, it maybe just too early to hear about it. Kind of like the way Far Cry just finally got the official 360 announcement today.

ferrarimanf355

Bullets QB
Kirk Foiden said:
Really, they should include some kind of patch right on the disk, or something, for Xbox games released from this point. I'm still buying, but that should be an addition.
While we're on backwards compatibility, I heard that the next BC update should be out by the end of Feburary/early March, and that it's going to add another 100+ games to the BC roster. I'm praying for SFAC, Soul Calibur II, the SNKP Xbox titles, and of course Out Run 2, since Coast 2 Coast won't be out until late March... :buttrock:

daybona

Juz,
I will be purchasing this game.

I guess this is the same game as Outrun 2 Special Tours?

toy_brain

Amano's Drinking Buddy
soundnvision said:
I'm soooo buying this. (please let there be a PAL release)
Well Sumo Digital are based in Sheffield - would be kinda wierd if there wasnt.......