New to the world of Neo Geo, reliving my youth.

marvelus10

n00b
I recently decided to dive into the world of Neo Geo, as a kid I used to play Metal Slug and Bust-A-Move in the local arcade. Now its time to play it again at home.

I recently acquired an MV1FZS board and am in the process of consolizing it, just waiting on more parts for the video encoder and controller ports.

While that was on hold I managed to score a 4 slot cab with a couple of games, unfortunately the monitor is damaged and the monitor electrical chassis is non existent, so I have a post in the tech forum with a few questions on that.

I look forward to all the help I can get here, and even more so to playing some of my old favourites.

KBneospy

Marked Wolf
Welcome, I'd love to see your completed CMVS, there are so many fantastic games and more coming available too. There is nothing quite like SNKs neo geo, good luck with your new purchase.

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach
Yeah, man. I had a very similar experience in my youth with those unmistakable Big Red cabs. Marveling at the animation and sheer chaos of the Metal Slug games. Being able to cycle through the carts and watching all the demos. Good times.

Monitor issues are no fun. :oh_no: Good luck with that. The tech forum is a really great resource

Nerdy

Kabuki Klasher
Welcome :> Metal slug was the game that blew my mind in the arcades, i think i never saw so much destruction in pixel form before xD

marvelus10

n00b
In my mind (opinion) Metal Slug was the real meaning of run and gun, literally. The pace was far greater than any of the consoles I had at the time, I couldn't mash the buttons fast enough.