New supergun build. (FINISHED!!*)

SSS

neo retired
CPS3 works.

DSC02884.jpg

xmas

n00b
is the picture stretched to 16:9?
Are you satisfied with the picture quality on ur lcd/plasma?

It gets the job done. I'm still installing a regular encoder when I get around to it. I'll just add a toggle switch to power from one to the other depending on what I'm using the supergun with.

How would you rate the jammaboards scandoubler/converter against the usual encoders?

I´ve been thinking of getting one due it´s versatility.

ilazul

Enemy Chaser
The supergun looks and plays great. Q-25 CP's are pretty sweet for a SG.

yzrider926

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Did you ever figure out the sound issues?

Ill send you a bill for my Ghouls N Ghosts board, :lolz:.

SSS

neo retired
Did you ever figure out the sound issues?

Ill send you a bill for my Ghouls N Ghosts board, :lolz:.

Not sure what happened. Tested it at home and everything was fine. Even went over the switch with a multimeter to be sure. Dunno :scratch:

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Wow, fantastic job. Very professional looking.

G-sample

Cheng's Errand Boy
Thats awesome! Makes me wanna go build a supergun. But I got no building and soldering skills at all lol. On a scale 1 to 10 how hard would it be make one of those badboys?

TheGreenMachine

Geese's Thug
Nice, and it is lots smaller than my 4 player super gun. I've always wanted to do something similar with a Astro/New Astro control panel or one of the Virtua Stick Pros. Unfortunately the Virtua Stick Pros are costing a frigging mint and buying Astro control panel parts aren't much cheaper.

Jeff definitely liked the JammaBoards VGA upscan converter when he saw the finicky sync shooters playing on it. I like the idea of the board, but I'd only use it with another encoder to add VGA output. The JRoks have a built in RGB pass through harness. You could wire the video directly to the JRok from the JAMMA harness, and then wire the video from the JRoks RGB pass through to the VGA upscan converter.

I like flexibility though. My super guns even have composite. I hope like hell I don't have to use it, but it's there if I didn't have any other choice.

- TGM

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Wow very impressive, looks freakin awesome! Man I wish my old super gun had those better video outputs, composite and s-video just don't do the games justice.

primeform

n00b
wow did it come with the artwork on it? You should start making custom superguns, i would buy one! :drool_2:

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Wasnt sure the control unit was going to look that good at first but once those buttons and sticks were added it looks pretty neat

Last edited:

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I'm not a fan of superguns, but this thing is awesome anyhow. I like the carry strap. ;)

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
i thought only second impact did widescreen?

either way hewitson is still a dipshit.