New 360 DDR, this rocks.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
And the best news is:

Konami decided to be smart and allows all existing Ultramix download packs to work on the new title. Yeah baby!!! Considering my Ultramix downloads make this line the DDRs with the largest and broadest song library of any home DDR game (about 130+ songs playable in a single title and counting) I'm glad I can immediately throw down with all my songs, in the new title, without paying an extra cent.

http://www.gaming-age.com/event/2006/e3/9-86

And yeah, it has some good new features in it as well.

Bare in mind it still doesn't have that one feature like Pump it up Exceed Xbox/360, where it allows you to make dance steps for all custom soundtracks, making it playable with any song in existance; but it does have some great feature ideas. Looking forward to it.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Wheres the home version of the new arcade one?

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
Nesagwa said:
Wheres the home version of the new arcade one?

SuperNova is only coming out for PS2. 09/13/06 apparently.

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
Kirk Foiden said:
And the best news is:

Konami decided to be smart and allows all existing Ultramix download packs to work on the new title. Yeah baby!!! Considering my Ultramix downloads make this line the DDRs with the largest and broadest song library of any home DDR game (about 130+ songs playable in a single title and counting) I'm glad I can immediately throw down with all my songs, in the new title, without paying an extra cent.

I just wish they would make the downloadable songs available in Canada. I guess due to licensing issues they are only available in the U.S. :(

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Never was much for DDR, but if there are achievement points to gain I'll give it a rent.

Robert

20 Year Member
Some game modes seem to be fun (marathon more for example) and the number of songs offers a great replay value.

It's all good for the DDR fans.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Kirk Foiden said:
Considering my Ultramix downloads make this line the DDRs with the largest and broadest song library of any home DDR game (about 130+ songs playable in a single title and counting)
Well, if you count PC clones (which are basically identical with the right theme) there are some "tricks" you can do to get well over 1,000 songs. But if you're talking official then, well, yeah.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
SpamYouToDeath said:
Well, if you count PC clones (which are basically identical with the right theme) there are some "tricks" you can do to get well over 1,000 songs. But if you're talking official then, well, yeah.

I think if you have all of the official game song packs + the PSX and PS2 and Ultramix songs its somwhere around like 500-600

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Nesagwa said:
I think if you have all of the official game song packs + the PSX and PS2 and Ultramix songs its somwhere around like 500-600
I may be remembering incorrectly, but I think it was more like 1,100. I'll check later, when I have more time.

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
Magician said:
Never was much for DDR, but if there are achievement points to gain I'll give it a rent.

I'm not a huge fan, but my wife is obsessed! :)

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
You also have to remember, there's quite a few repeats in the various DDR releases, so it's not quite as many songs as you think.

I technically have DDR across PSX, Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox. Some of the good old songs that they seem to refuse to put into new *non-arcade* versions of the game, I kind of have PIU to thank for allowing me to include them. With very different step patterns, though. Still, I like it because PIU does provide me the ability to make some fairly natural looking dance steps in comparison.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Jesus, this has to be the best E3 for rhythm game fans :eek: