NeoBitz and Home Consoles

Mithos

Zero's Tailor
Does anyone have a list of home consoles that work with a NeoBitz outputting component (and possibly s-video)? So far I've heard of the
TG-16/PCE
TurboDuo
Supergrafx
AES (obviously...)

working with it. I have read some stuff about the Genesis requiring some extra work to get it to work with S-Video but does this apply to Component as well? Also has anyone gotten the SNES, Saturn, and Dreamcast systems to work with it via component out?

Drakon

New Challenger
I'm not sure about neobitz. I wound up buying one of these

http://cgi.ebay.com/Arcade-RGB-CGA-to-TV-and-Video-Composite-converter-NEW_W0QQitemZ310103530718QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item310103530718&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

so far it works great with sega genesis, snes, and in a few days I'm gonna use it for a supergun (had a bit of a struggle getting the snes to work because it needed a 100uf 10v capacitor on the sync pin from the system)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Does anyone have a list of home consoles that work with a NeoBitz outputting component (and possibly s-video)? So far I've heard of the
TG-16/PCE
TurboDuo
Supergrafx
AES (obviously...)

working with it. I have read some stuff about the Genesis requiring some extra work to get it to work with S-Video but does this apply to Component as well? Also has anyone gotten the SNES, Saturn, and Dreamcast systems to work with it via component out?

I think someone was saying that the sync is really dirty on the genesis and you need to get a sync cleaner, the new version of the Neobitz has an on board sync cleaner.

Also how are you going to hook them up to the encoder? Are you planning on buying multiple encoders or just one and DIN sockets for each console?

I'm not sure about neobitz. I wound up buying one of these

http://cgi.ebay.com/Arcade-RGB-CGA-to-TV-and-Video-Composite-converter-NEW_W0QQitemZ310103530718QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item310103530718&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

so far it works great with sega genesis, snes, and in a few days I'm gonna use it for a supergun (had a bit of a struggle getting the snes to work because it needed a 100uf 10v capacitor on the sync pin from the system)

Why the would you use that on an SNES? That makes no sense at all.

For a SNES you just tap the 2 pins that output S-video on the console, you dont need another encoder to do that.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
For the life of me, I couldn't get the colour to show up correctly on the Genesis with a neobitz-s.

Just not possible.

Mithos

Zero's Tailor
I think someone was saying that the sync is really dirty on the genesis and you need to get a sync cleaner, the new version of the Neobitz has an on board sync cleaner.

Also how are you going to hook them up to the encoder? Are you planning on buying multiple encoders or just one and DIN sockets for each console?

I've heard of something like that for the S-video on the Genesis, but I didn't know if I'd have that problem via component as well. Luckily though I got the one with the sync cleaner. Yeah I'm gonna hook them up to the same encoder using DINs instead of buying multiple encoders.

Last edited:

Rassilon

Angel's Love Slave
From what ive been able to find out, the neobitz does not work with genesis or tg16/pc-engine (at least for s-video).
if you have the right model genesis, its easy enough to get s-video out of it without an additional encoder.

If i ever get things together, ill be trying genesis and pc-engine with a jrok component board + sync cleaner (in the supergun im building that will have a separate rgb video input)..