Neo Geo Instruction Manuals

TheIronSheik

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Hey everyone, I got a Japanese AES copy of King of Fighters '96 today and I noticed that the instruction manual had some pages upside down, out of order, and uncut. I does not appear that a previous owner has altered the manual. Please let me know if anyone has come across this before. Thanks.

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Never heard of anything like that before, but I wonder if that might quadruple its value :)

(Probably)

TheIronSheik

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I cant post pictures with my mobile, but when I get home tonight, I will post pictures. On the outside, everything else about the game looks kosher.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I cant post pictures with my mobile, but when I get home tonight, I will post pictures. On the outside, everything else about the game looks kosher.

The outside does not matter at all. The inside of the cart is what matters. Open it carefully and take a look at the boards to be sure if it's original or not.

jeffensminger

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
I wouldn't worry about whether it is real or not, because I highly doubt anyone would bootleg a kof 96 cart. That game costs under $100.

TheIronSheik

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I kinda figured. I guess it was odd to see the manual like that in the first place.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
SNK didn't have the best quality control on those manuals. I've never seen that, but I have seen all kinds of errors before.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
wow, i've never seen that before. im surprised snk didnt catch that before selling the game

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Wouldn't worry too much, just looks like a printer error, happens more than you think

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I agree, snk was far from perfect so I could see this happening. You could probably find a legit manual on ebay and just replace it if it bothers you.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
If you removed the staple & corrected the orientation would the pagination still be correct?

TheIronSheik

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Thanks for the input. I will leave the manual as is. If I can find another one for cheap I will get it.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
just because no one said it: your boards are legit. Nice score. Have fun playing KOF '96, it's one of my favorites in the series and from the Neos library in general. How do you like it so far?

Spoiler:
There, I can be helpful and nice. Sometimes.

TheIronSheik

Kuroko's Training Dummy
just because no one said it: your boards are legit. Nice score. Have fun playing KOF '96, it's one of my favorites in the series and from the Neos library in general. How do you like it so far?

Spoiler:
There, I can be helpful and nice. Sometimes.

Thanks. It's pretty good. I wanted to see how the SNK Boss Team plays. Mr. Big rocks. My prior KOF experience was with '94, '95, and '98

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Wow thats neat about the manual. I knew they had issues w/ engrish but thats different. Hell I wouldn't mess w/ it like everybody else said just grab you another one if it bother you. Thanks for sharing never seen that before.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
I have an extra KOF96 manual if your interested. You stated you wanted it for cheap, so my price would be free shipped to your door.

I could use the street cred around here more then the cash.

TheIronSheik

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I have an extra KOF96 manual if your interested. You stated you wanted it for cheap, so my price would be free shipped to your door.

I could use the street cred around here more then the cash.
I've been out the past few days. If that offer still stands, I will accept, if it's cool with you. Thanks