Neo Geo grading question

Golgo

Cham Cham's Banana
I just bought S S V S unfixed from the neo store, got in in the post yesterday - it was brand new.
I don't know how this happened, I guess I was distracted or something, but I picked up the case from the bottom, and as you know the new style snap cases have l areas where if you are not carefull you can push the insert in a bit.
Well, thats what I did, in the bottom left hand corner of the front insert, there is a slight crease/dent it looks like it could be smoothed out just by moving the insert a bit, but I hate to handle the inserts as they are so flimsy and fragile and I like the case stiff and new- My question is this: How does this affect the grading? Mint/ Near mint? I hate to think in terms of Near Mint - and is has anyone else done this and fixed it?

kanji

Mega Shock!!
Those holes where the inserts bend in is just a flaw in the design of the case. Many carts have them. Some anal collectors will grade it harshly with those creases.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
That would probably bring the insert down to near mint +, I'd say - if everything about the insert is ok otherwise. If everything else is in like new condition, you've still got yourself a mint- package overall.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
I'd grade it excellent. You're item has just lost $200 off its value.
Happy now?

Golgo

Cham Cham's Banana
kanji said:
Those holes where the inserts bend in is just a flaw in the design of the case. Many carts have them. .

So, there is the potential that i did not even do this myself? I mean "NEW" is kind of a tricky description, I just bought a bunch of 55 meg games from Game liquidation on Ebay, and only one of them Sengoku didnt have either a torn flap or crushed tray.
As for my S S V S, this most likley was something I did myself, and I mention my angst here because at least I know you guys will understand why this would be devasting - You pay 400 plus for a new game, that arrives in pristine condition, then down to your own stupidity you wreck it. nice. My weekend, week and year are offically ruined, well maybe not, but I am not very happy right now.

eclypse

Banned
Hell man just fix the thing.. If your worried about getting some grease on the insert were some soft furry winter gloves! hehe.

Pull it out and smooth it out.