Neo Geo component out... too much red

djhwood1

n00b
So I recently bought a component modded Neo and I am running it thru a component connection on a CRT. The picture looks great, but it seems that things are TOO RED. Almost like anything with a red base, especially the background, is saturated in redness and rust. Anyone else have this issue? Would running it S-Vid fix it?

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
You dont want to go down to s-video, you want to make this work as it should.

Do the following:
Try it on another TV with component.
Open it up and check the connections.
See the the RGB to Component has adjustments on it.
Take photos and post them here so i can see the converter.
Tell me what brand and model your CRT is.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
could it be that the TV you're using is badly calibrated? You might want to try to adjust the colors on your Telly.

djhwood1

n00b
Ok... this is going to take a bit of work to pull it apart. I am a bit nervous to do so bc this Neo is pristine and the modifications are from JNX which does great work. I have been in contact with the modders... I bought the console already modded and these guys are great. James at JNX there suggested that the original customer may have ordered it with some adjustment "pots" which would enable me to turn down the red. I will do my best to open this up later today. Thanks.

djhwood1

n00b
I cannot turn the colors down individually on the tv... it only has generic options such as color, picture, brightness, detail... but I am not ruling out that it is the TV.

NEO-GEO man

It could be, which is why i want you to test another TV.

Ineed to see inside to know if there is pots, cause that is very likely the issue.

NEO-GEO man

And this is why i dont approve of those pots to adjust colour individually. Bad idea.

Anyway, lets see what we see first.

djhwood1

n00b
I am thinking the Neo is fine bc my KOF is perfect. It actually seems that the colors in SS5 were meant to be this way.

Attachments

• 20130127_221201.jpg
    20130127_221201.jpg
    838.3 KB · Views: 40
  • 20130127_203820.jpg
    20130127_203820.jpg
    802.4 KB · Views: 39

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
LOL... Yeah man, that's one of the backgrounds in SamSho V. If it was a red issue, the fighters would be washed out red, not to mention your other games would be affected as you so astutely pointed out. :D

See 5:10 in the vid for the same background.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAQshPkLTWU

Last edited:

JeepMan82

n00b
Sent you a pm. System does not have adjustment pots. Don't bother opening up the system. Its more then likely your TV. I used the system on my Samsung LCD tv and never noticed any colors out of whack, even when using the mvs converter.