Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Madman and I haven't had any problems, making that statement false.

I like you. Lately I've been worried about you.

I think the fact that you have not had a problem with him, does not automatically mean he likes you. I don't remember having had any issue with him, and I think he does not like me. Not that he hates me, just indifferent or something.

Edit: I like LS posts. Sometimes, not always.

Regards.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I think the fact that you have not had a problem with him, does not automatically mean he likes you. I don't remember having had any issue with him, and I think he does not like me. Not that he hates me, just indifferent or something.

Edit: I like LS posts. Sometimes, not always.

Regards.

image.jpeg

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Metal-Slug-...t-Shape-Japanese-Japan-Version-FREE-SHIPPING-

Up for sale is Metal Slug 3 Neo Geo AES, Japanese version. This game is a very rare game, it does not include the manual. It is case art, original case, and cartridge only! Please know that this is an import game and will only work on a Japanese console. ... THIS IS THE REAL DEAL, AUTHENTIC. We have worked with Neo Geo for over a decade.

So, they've been working with Neo Geo for over a decade and still don't realize it's not region locked?

Edit: Emailed the seller, they updated the listing removing the region lock line.

Last edited:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i've come across this type before, where these neo geo "professionals" don't know that the games are region free, and that the language can be changed on most carts.

nintendospy

Crossed Swords Squire
20 Year Member
They look like a used store that probably gets Neo games in a couple times a year. Definitely no experts.

madman

Yeah, he said it was just a cut and paste from another import game listing. He didn't respond to my question of how they know it's an authentic game. Buyer beware I suppose.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Yeah, he said it was just a cut and paste from another import game listing. He didn't respond to my question of how they know it's an authentic game. Buyer beware I suppose.

Makes me wonder where some of these guys get these rare and expensive AES games.

Has anybody seen a Slug 1 either US or JPN sell lately? Any idea how much thats going for these days? I havent noticed one sold in forever

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
red flag for what? if it's genuine or not? no, thats not a red flag.

but i think most collectors would like to buy 100% of the game, not only case, insert and cart...

For an expensive AES game not having a manual is immediately a red flag.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
It can be done, but the common bootleg Metal Slug 3 JPN AES manuals are of poor quality and can be easily identified, especially if you have a real manual to compare with.

madman

"We made sure it was authentic" is pretty generic. How did they make sure? They opened the cart and verified it's not a conversion/boot?

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple
"We made sure it was authentic" is pretty generic. How did they make sure? They opened the cart and verified it's not a conversion/boot?

they sell nes/snes reproduction carts, maybe they only made sure its an "authentic reproduction" of ms3?^^

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Makes me wonder where some of these guys get these rare and expensive AES games.

Has anybody seen a Slug 1 either US or JPN sell lately? Any idea how much thats going for these days? I havent noticed one sold in forever

I was wondering this the other day. I haven't seen one in ages. I still remember seeing them sell on eBay for $800.00 when I first started collecting Neo in about 2001. Given that blazing star is selling close to 7k sometimes I could easily see a Japanese one if complete selling for 15-20K or more. I would guess an English one would be 25K easy. These are just guesses.