Need a dreamcast cable

rebellion1

Mr. Big's Thug
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need either a high quality (first party would be superb, like the ones thy have at yahoo japan from what I'm told) S-video cable for my dreamcast, or some way to hook it up to component.

I am totally lost on how to do this.

jp2k4

n00b
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Like to help you, but I only got a third party s video cable. From what I understand there is no way to hook it up via component input. But I may be wrong.

rebellion1

Mr. Big's Thug
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
been doing some searching anfd i found this -

http://secure-shopping-cart.com/serviceconcepts/cart/cart376.html

over at www.sega-parts.com

does that look like a first party one to you?

yea i got a 3rd party s-video too jp, i hear the first party are better though and i really would like to find one. And yea i also checked around and only the europeans get the scart thing to get RGB. blarg

anyone finds anything else, PLEASE let me know. or if you have a new one, id be willing to part with cash or trade for it!

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
the cable sega parts has is the pelican i'm pretty sure, i mailed them a long time ago when i was looking for one, i have the jap dc svideo cable and the tubing is thicker on the the cable than that pic. mail them and ask to make sure if its the jap cable, sega never released one in the usa (who knows why).

rebellion1

Mr. Big's Thug
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hahaha, damn you and your sweet jap cable :D

oh and from the picture, i'm sure it's not the pelican one because im holding the pelican one in my hand right now. It has these like round fat connectors on the stereo cables, nothing like in the pic on sega-parts.com

the pelican one i have is having problems with the stereo cables and i just e-mailed them about the lifetime warranty on it, but they don't even have dreamcast listed there anymore :help:

so i have no idea if they would replace it (it's a really good cable too)

i believe i asked you about the subject before dash, and you said that yahoo japan has them on there. Anyway i could get a link to an auction because i have no idea how to read japanese. Or if there is any way you could get me one, i am sure we could do a trade for something or i could hit you up with some funds.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
hmm, well sega parts DID have the jap saturn svideo cable (i bought it), maybe that is the dc one?

My dc cable was 18 brand new (i used BIN) and after shipping and fee's etc it came to like 40, worth it to me...

i used to just sift thru the hardware auction section of dreamcast till i found one using babelfish, i don't know how to spell out s-video in japanese. once you find one, you can copy and paste the text, and search and bring them all up.

rebellion1

Mr. Big's Thug
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does yahoo have BIN or are we talking about japanese ebay? I got a GREAT ebay account.

ima have to try the babelfish thing...

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
japan has no ebay, it closed down a few years ago cause no one used it. yeah yahoo japan has BIN, email sega parts, that might be the official cable...

rebellion1

Mr. Big's Thug
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hehe yea i emailed sega parts.

though i wont be expectin a response anytime soon, what with it being about 4:30 a.m. over here

gotta stay up late so i can stay up all night for the drunken cvsnk2/kof 2001/GGX2 fest me and a bunch of my friends are having tomorrow for new years :D

oh yea when you got your stuff from them, how long did it take to get and are they ok to give credit card info to?