Naomi net dimm "not net compliant"

KalessinDB

Mr. Big's Thug
Anyone know what that might mean? Other than a translation error maybe? I've got a lead on a net dimm coming from Japan, they say they've got two of them available, both 3.17, but they're saying one is a "net compliant" net dimm and one is "not net compliant" net dimm.

Is there a battery that dies? Would changing out the pic fix the "not net compliant" one? Or are we thinking this is a lost in translation moment and the "not net compliant" one is a regular dimm, not a net dimm at all?

Sorry for the vague and possibly stupid question, I'm still a rookie at Naomi stuff but looking to finally get into this.

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
Anyone know what that might mean? Other than a translation error maybe? I've got a lead on a net dimm coming from Japan, they say they've got two of them available, both 3.17, but they're saying one is a "net compliant" net dimm and one is "not net compliant" net dimm.

Is there a battery that dies? Would changing out the pic fix the "not net compliant" one? Or are we thinking this is a lost in translation moment and the "not net compliant" one is a regular dimm, not a net dimm at all?

Sorry for the vague and possibly stupid question, I'm still a rookie at Naomi stuff but looking to finally get into this.

probably just needs the firmware updated. I don't think there are any that can't be upgraded... except for the dimms that physically do not even have a network port. but with those there are other options like scsi replacement ssd i think?

mookie3three

Mr. Big's Thug
I would guess non net complient means it doesn't have a network port. Just ask for pics and you can quickly tell whether it is or not.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
The bios revision on the naomi mobo does not support net-booting, so the network options are not enabled. ;)

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
I would guess non net complient means it doesn't have a network port. Just ask for pics and you can quickly tell whether it is or not.

This, I have seen net dimm be used interchangeably with Dimm board which has no NET capability at all mistakenly a lot lately, it's just has SCSI for GDrom support. Things to watch out for though is how much ram is in it (256, 512, etc). The battery is not needed and will most likely be dead but you can replace it if you want the dimm to keep the game stored in memory for up to 3 days. Even if it's not dead technically Japanese postal service does not want lithium batteries mailed and will require for them to be removed anyways.

KalessinDB

Mr. Big's Thug
I kinda thought it might be a standard dimm board. Thanks for confirming my suspicions, and for the quick responses all!