Name this sega 32x game.

Harry_Hearttrob

Geese's Thug
I'm having a brain fart and can't think of the title.....

Ok, it's extremely rare, was only released in europe, and it's a space combat type game....

Anyone know?

Setsuna1982

World Her,
Cosmic Carnage

644387.jpg
Cosmic%20Carnage%2032x%20(A).png

GoSpits

Benimaru's Hairdresser
20 Year Member
Isn't that Darxide?
The game was supposed to pretty slick.

edit: I think Cosmic Carnage was Jap-only, not Europe-only.

J. Max

judas,
Cosmic Carnage came out in the US and Japan. (It was called CyberBrawl in Japan, and had a much better cast of characters. They can be accessed in the US version via a code.) Darxide is awesome, but it's IMPOSSIBLE to find...

Harry_Hearttrob

Geese's Thug
I saw a copy on ebay 2 years ago and it went for like $400. I'd hate to see how much one would sell for today. I'd like to get this, but I think my chances are slim-none :(

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Setsuna1982 said:
Cosmic Carnage

I'm pretty sure Cosmic Carnage was released even in Europe.

Yes, the game Harry is referring to is Darxide, and I am almost sure I saw it in a second hand videogame store in Barcelona some years ago, but I didn't know about its rarity and didn't buy it :oh_no:

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
Charles Franklin Fernandez said:
According it your site, Darxide is incompatible with the Japanese and US 32X. Are you sure about that?

It is my understanding that the 32X was region free; therefore you can play any region 32X game with any region 32X.

Charles

Darxide is only compatible with the euro unit. 32X was definitely not region free. 100% sure.

IMTheWalrus

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Cosmic Carnage is definitely a US game. I bought it at Toys R Us for $2 a couple of years ago

Stinky-Dinkins said:
Darxide is only compatible with the euro unit. 32X was definitely not region free. 100% sure.

Although Darxide may be the only game that is compatible with the euro unit, the 32X is indeed region free.

I have Japanese 32X games that are 100% compatible with my American 32X. And I also saw that European games are also compatible with it.

Charles

Last edited:

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Although Darxide may be the only game that is compatible with the euro unit, the 32X is indeed region free.

I have Japanese 32X games that are 100% compatible with my American 32X. And I also saw that European games are also compatible with it.

Charles

The 32x is the same as the genesis, select carts had the lockout chip in them, Darxide is one of them, however the rest don't. I have a euro fifa 32x cart, as well as a japanese doom cart, both work on my US system. However darxide also goes a step further, it will ONLY run in PAL, even if you get a euro 32x + megadrive, on a US tv the game is in black and white and the speed is fucked up.

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member

Charles

Oh yeah, territory lock-out. I forgot that the chips were in the carts...