MVS cart color significance?

Sememmon

Crazed MVS Addict
In my quest to enhance my MVS knowledge, I was going through my small collection and was thinking about the various colors of carts.. I've read somewhere in these forums that white carts were originally rental carts. Is that true? Do the other color carts have any significance? Or did it all depend on what the manufacturer's favorite color was that day?

Black, white, off white, yellow, blue, green, clear blue, light green... :multi_co:

mykockle

n00b
I've heard the same regarding the white carts being rentals etc, but I too am curious about the other color significance if there is any.

mykockle

n00b
Maybe, I would imagine that was one of the selling points originally, but it doesn't hold true now, at least it doesn't seem too. I have many carts with many different colors, and best I can tell I only have one boot, not that I'm an expert mind you, but based off of the conversations I see on this forum, I think I am making a good educated guess.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are some cart colors out their that happened purely because someone felt like creating a unique looking cart.
:conf:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
mykockle said:
I wouldn't be surprised if there are some cart colors out their that happened purely because someone felt like creating a unique looking cart.
:conf:

:blow_top:

yes, to circumvent piracy

jeesus

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
so that Orange super mario 3 MVS cart i bought from arcadegod is fake? :(

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
beh3moth said:
so that Orange super mario 3 MVS cart i bought from arcadegod is fake? :(

Does it burn when you pee?

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Some carts would show different runs, clear Slug 3 and black slug 3 carts for with and without mini kits.