MVS bad cart connection

Warpedflash

Crazed MVS Addict
I have an MVS board that's causing me a couple of problems. If inset a cart fully onto the connector it will not load, I just get to the BIOS screen (very occasionally it will loads with horribly scrambled graphics). However if I pull the cart out of the slot by about 1/4 cm the game will work fine! While I am using the board this is not a problem as I just inset the game then pull it out a bit but I would like to get it fixed if anyone knows of a way to do it. Currently I am considering glueing some acrylic or something similar to the connector as a way to keep the cart out the correct amount each time.

Board type: mv1f

Any Ideas?
Thanks for any help :D

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
You need to thoroughly clean your cart slot and cart.

I used Deoxit-D5. Spray it on a qtip and apply to game cart and insert and remove the cart a couple times and when the cart glides in it is ready and clean.

Warpedflash

Crazed MVS Addict
You need to thoroughly clean your cart slot and cart.

I used Deoxit-D5. Spray it on a qtip and apply to game cart and insert and remove the cart a couple times and when the cart glides in it is ready and clean.

It happens with all my games, I have given the slot a clean with a toothbrush and rubbing alcohol :S

jew90

Geese's Thug
If it happens with all the games then it points to the slot on the pcb thats the problem.

As Xian said, clean the slot at best as possible.

It might be worth checking for bent pins in the slot too...

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It happens with all my games, I have given the slot a clean with a toothbrush and rubbing alcohol :S

I've never gotten good results with a toothbrush and rubbing alcohol, not enough abrasion.

A better method would be to use a credit card and wrap it with some lint free cloth and apply some rubbing alcohol to it and insert and remove a couple times.

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
I find even cardboard works alright. Probably less likely to leave residue than a cloth.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
I like folding poster board over a few times to make it nice & thick... It's just abrasive enough to clean most stuff off. If you have any green corrosion on the contacts you'll need to use some superfine wet/dry sandpaper - about 800 grit should do.

RJ

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Sometimes I even use folded index cards with my cleaning solution. You can see the crap on the paper.

Warpedflash

Crazed MVS Addict
Thanks for the tips guys I will try this out when I get home from work later (as long as I dont get trapped by snow :S)

Edit:
I have tried cleaning out the contacts using lint free cloth on a credit card and it got a little bit of crud off the contacts. but apart from that no go :( Games work slightly pulled off but not fully inserted.

Last edited:

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Over the years, I've found that the perfect solution for cleaning CART contacts is simple: a rubber. A hard rubber, one of that kind that's for erasing ballpen. Open your cart and use the rubber as you would with paper and then remove the "balls of dirt" (sorry, I don't know how to name it in english :lolz: )
For the slot I would recommend the RJ solution and also check for strange objets inside. Something inside can make your cart not to fit completely inside the slot and make false contact.