MVS Audio Capacitor List

Lifespan

n00b
Hi All,

Like anyone else that has had audio problems with their MVS, I bought a cap kit from ArcadeComponents. Unfortunately, I was planning on doing my swap tomorrow night and found that despite getting an MV-4F kit, I found out today that I am rocking an MV-4. Is there a place that has a cap listing for these kits so I can grab the parts I'm missing from a local shop?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
You are only swapping out the electrolytic ones except the filtering caps. If you download the cap kit install from his site it says which electrolytics you aren't changing.

Lifespan

n00b
Ah, I see they are labeled right on the PCB. I didn't have a chance to desolder them before, but it looks like I can make up a list with the picture. Thanks!

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Or you can ping me... ;)

I've been known to drop a couple of caps in a padded envelope to help folks out who order the wrong kits.

RJ

tonycawa

n00b
In need of a cap kit. Went to the website but didn't see an add to cart or a way to order? Might be my browser?...

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
tony, that is odd, I just went to the site as well using Chrome and I didn't see the add to cart button. I have ordered from the site before and know it had it in place.

everten

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
In need of a cap kit. Went to the website but didn't see an add to cart or a way to order? Might be my browser?...

He is out of the country at the moment and disabled purchasing until he returns to avoid unhappy customers waiting on shipments.

everten

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
If I counted and read values correctly, below is a complete list of radial capacitors on the lower pcb for the MV-4. Someone please review and correct me if I am wrong. Like Xian Xi said, some of them do not need to be replaced, but I wouldn't be able to tell you which ones at the moment.

1 x 16v 10uf
4 x 16v 22uf
1 x 16v 47uf
5 x 16v 100uf
3 x 16v 220uf
6 x 16v 470uf
14 x 25v 4.7uf
3 x 50v 1uf

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If you need cap kits, I can always throw some together if you need them just PM me.

tonycawa

n00b
Shoots cuz you know I need Da Kine! (can you still hear the roosters in Waipahu)
I need some for MV-4. But I am just a noob (apparently lol) So I can't PM anybody yet (says I dont have permission to do that)lol. Also, I tried to post a pic of my cab in another thread but the uploader kept giving me a red ! .

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Shoots cuz you know I need Da Kine! (can you still hear the roosters in Waipahu)
I need some for MV-4. But I am just a noob (apparently lol) So I can't PM anybody yet (says I dont have permission to do that)lol. Also, I tried to post a pic of my cab in another thread but the uploader kept giving me a red ! .

Shoot me an email on my site: http://www.jamma-nation-x.com

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
I flew back home on the 18th and opened the store back up the same day.

Be careful on caps as the 470, 220, and 100uf caps are of the smaller sizes and you must get that right or they won't fit very well on the board.