MVS 4 slot issue:

Celestein

n00b
Having an issue with a 4 slot I recently got.

It works fine for playing games, but anytime I try to switch it displays this for a few seconds:

IMG_0106.jpg

Before switching. Also displays that on boot.

Now it gets a-little funky, I have 3 carts in it, kof2002, kof98, and GMoTW.

If I put them in the slots in that order, I can switch between 02 and 98, but never to GMoTW.

If I put GMoTW in slot two, I can't switch from 02.

This is my first experience with multi-slot and I'm just downright confused :conf:

Any suggestions?

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
With certain games, sometimes the order of which they are placed in the slots does matter. First and most of all can your 4 slot actually play 4 carts with no issues eliminating MOTW from the selection. Dirty connectors can also cause issues.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Ditto to Mainman..

GMoTW always seemed to give me problems running with Lots of games either killing the sound on both,the board or just by passing them..having games not show up..It's crazy..

KOF 02 also..It's in my big red now and won't work with certain games..I have to make sure to change the line up to make it work...or change one or two games that I'm trying to put with it in the 4 slots..
I remember Double Dragon was a killer also to get to work with certain games.

Try clearing the back up ram data.
Clean the game carts
Check power supply voltage..+5V

Get some cheap MVS carts to try/add.

Celestein

n00b
I did clear backup ram, didn't make a difference. Also cleaned all the connectors on the board and carts(KoF02 didnt work at all when I first got it, worked fine when I cleaned it though).

When I go into the 4 slot service menu, it recognizes all 3 carts, just not when trying to select games.

So this is a somewhat consistent problem with the games themselves interacting with the board?

i.e. It's not an indication that the board itself is faulty?

If so that's fine,

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I did clear backup ram, didn't make a difference. Also cleaned all the connectors on the board and carts(KoF02 didnt work at all when I first got it, worked fine when I cleaned it though).

When I go into the 4 slot service menu, it recognizes all 3 carts, just not when trying to select games.

So this is a somewhat consistent problem with the games themselves interacting with the board?

i.e. It's not an indication that the board itself is faulty?

If so that's fine,

Yes..

But if it's constant..and still happens after removing one game at a time(having two games in the mobo ,flipping them in between slots.. ..an trying more carts..
Then I'd go with you powerr supply being too low in voltage.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Ohh and I forgot..

If any of the games are boots..then they will cause it too.