MVS 1-Slot cab power consumption

NeoBaal

n00b
Hello everyone, I´m kind of new to the Neo-Geo owners scene (though not a new SNK fan, I´ve been around since quite a while back), and I´m planning to start with a NeoGeo MVS Cabinet.

I´ve found a good deal on a 1-Slot MVS Cabinet with a 19 inch monitor (one of the SNK´s made originals), and before I buy it, I want to know how power much does the machine consume. I would really apreciate any information on this, so I can get my cab right away, or an AES instead. Thanks in advance.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I don't know how much electricity it consumes...but not enough to be expensive,or noticable.
It 'll be like having the AES..It's practically the same thing..
TV,Console----=--Monitor,Mother board.

I think this question may have been asked before...It may be found in a search..I'll have to check.

This is all "I" found..
It should be the same as the 4 slot..not sure though.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18862&highlight=cab+power+consumption

Last edited:

NeoBaal

n00b
chris1 said:
I don't know how much electricity it consumes...but not enough to be expensive,or noticable.
It 'll be like having the AES..It's practally the same thing..
TV,Console----Monitor,Mother board.

I think this question may have been asked before...It may be found in a search..I'll have to check.

This is all "I" found..
It should be the same as the 4 slot..not sure though.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18862&highlight=cab+power+consumption

What a coincidence, the thread date is march 26th, my birthday.

Thanks a lot for your help. I´m now sure I´ll get the cab,even though the power consumption for it it´s around 130-150 watts (according to the thread), when compared to the AES which consumes 8 watts (according with another page, can´t remember which one). It´s still much better to get the cab, since MVS games are way cheaper.

I'dBuyThatForADollar

Crazed MVS Addict
Yeah, it uses hardly any power, a cabinet is like having a TV and a few smaller things running at the same time. If it used up too much power, operators that have their cabs at locations would be outta business because the owners of the locations wouldn't be so willing to have arcade machines running all day there.

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
NeoBaal said:
I´m now sure I´ll get the cab,even though the power consumption for it it´s around 130-150 watts (according to the thread), when compared to the AES which consumes 8 watts

And don't you happen to turn on your TV along with the AES?:rolleyes:

Man, the TV is part of an AES setup, just like the monitor is part of the MVS setup...and a big TV obviously consumes way more than a 19" monitor (which will be about 80W).

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
The mvs motherboards disipate between 20-30 Watts depending on the board type, volume level etc. As MKL says you need to take into consideration the power requirements of the TV/monitor when comparing home system to mvs. The mvs will draw more current due to the 12 volt supply to the audio output stage.

NeoBaal

n00b
Thanks everyone for your help. I really don´t know much about electronics and stuff like that.

I did consider that a T.V. consumes energy, but I didn´t know that it was so much (like all of you said), so the difference of power consumption between an AES setup and MVS cab is really marginal.

Again, Thanks to everyone.