Most Underrated and Overrated Video Game Console

"Macho Man" Butta Supremo

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
Average Joe said:
By "scam" you mean that Nintendo ripped us off by providing an entertaining portable gaming system with a library full of quality gaming titles?

Am I just too stupid to realize I've been ripped off by thinking that I've been having a lot of fun with my DS up until now, but in actuality I haven't been enjoying myself at all but have been taken in by Nintendo's clever scam-artistry?

haha
icon14.gif

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Average Joe said:
By "scam" you mean that Nintendo ripped us off by providing an entertaining portable gaming system with a library full of quality gaming titles?

Am I just too stupid to realize I've been ripped off by thinking that I've been having a lot of fun with my DS up until now, but in actuality I haven't been enjoying myself at all but have been taken in by Nintendo's clever scam-artistry?

Library full of quality gaming titles?

lol

Ignorance is bliss.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
DangerousK said:
Well thought logic there sparky.

The PSP is underrated.

The DS is another bullshit scam Nintendo pulled and most people don't want to admit this.

"DUAL SCREENS OMG!!!!!"

Please.

I think you're off here. Yes, the PSP, in terms of sheer technical capabilities, dusts the DS in terms of raw horsepower. However, it IS hampered by a shitty D-pad, terrible battery life and the fact that it's size just doesn't make it very...portable.

The DS has a truckload of excellent titles as well.

Elite Beat Agents
Tetris DS
Castlevania-DoS
Castlevania-PoR
DQ-Rocket Slime
Metroid Pinball
Konami Arcade Classics
Phoenix Wright
PW2-Ace Attorney
Mario Kart DS
Advance Wars-Dual Strike
Legend of Stafi 4
Xenosaga I&II
Sonic Rush
Final Fantasy III

...with a ton more on the way. Many of those titles use the two screens in a way that does actually enhance the gameplay. The PSP has a few decent original titles but most of the good stuff consists of retro compilations...which are good but not necessarily worth buying when you can play superior versions of those games elsewhere.

I don't think the PSP deserves the generally bad rep it has, but it is in desperate need of a redesign.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
this thread is a bit crazy - it's trying to summarise everything this site and unrelated is about into a single thread - it's ridiculous. it doesn't really matter does it?

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
Underated Is Nintendo's 64 Now sure what 80% of the games were shite. But the games that were amazing.
Mario 64, Sin and punishment, Wave race 64, Golden eye (back then it was the dogs bollox).

(Those 4 games beat any game on any other console Especially mario 64, that game can still not be touched for how to program 3d properly it is the proper transistion to 2d>3d.)

Virtual boy Underrated.
Now sure it is probably one of the worst Sold systems ever in the western hemisphere. But Wario land,Mario clash and Tennis are Amazing games that are worth getting headaches over they really are. Shame there wasnt a 2 player link cable availble for it.

Underrated.
Gamecube Just for the resi remake

Overrated.

Dreamcast now sure im gonna get flamed but there were only a very few good games now and come on maybe in 1998-2000 this was the dogs bolloxs but most of the fighters have been ported to Ps2 and xbox and are just as good or better Bar a few games. Sure I Love the Dreamcast For Underdefeat alone, but the fighters and shooters most are on Ps2 for a much cheaper price.

caleb1883

Super Spy Agent
I had the Dreamcast, when it came out, and I remember that my friends and the public threw it under the bus awaiting the PS2. I would say the Dreamcast was definitley underated, as a lot of it's titles and capabilities were far ahead of its time. So that being said, overrated: PS2. Xbox did everything the PS2 did except better. All games that were released on both systems looked better and had better online funtionality on the XBox. I remember the Xbox was getting pissed on in favor of the PS2 for a while as well, heck, people in Japan still won't buy one. PS2 very overrated. The only saving grace the PS2 has is it's very large library of fighting game ports, and its wide selection and compatibility of the Dual Shock PCB with controllers and adapters.

Setsuna1982

World Her,
xbox is awesome as a media player. Really. Sadly that wasn't microsoft plan. But having emulators + outrun2006 + Dvd/DivX/Music player in one machine is kinda nice.

It's funny that right now xboxes are quite demanded because of the customization you can make to it even after years of stoping production

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
Overrated:

Nintendo Wii

Underrated:

Nintendo 64

Multilayer at its finest. Day in and day out. Only liked around 5 games, but it was still awesome.