Millipede cab issues

GeoStigma

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I just finished restoring a Millipede cab that I purchased 2 weeks ago. When I was at the warehouse I picked it up from, we plugged it in there and everything worked perfectly.

However, yesterday I plugged it in and could hear a humming noise but nothing was getting power (screen was off, marquee light was off, player 1 & 2 buttons didn't light up, nothing). When I opened up the cab the arcade board had its red light on so it was getting power and all the appropriate cables appeared to be connected.

Any ideas?

Witchboard

Crossed Swords Squire
Does it play blind? If you're hearing a humming, is it coming from the speakers or the isolation transformer? If it's from the transformer, this could be the problem as it's what powers your monitor. It's possible that the marquee is also powered by the same thing, but I think it should just be straight connected to AC.

GeoStigma

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Witchboard said:
Does it play blind? If you're hearing a humming, is it coming from the speakers or the isolation transformer? If it's from the transformer, this could be the problem as it's what powers your monitor. It's possible that the marquee is also powered by the same thing, but I think it should just be straight connected to AC.

Oddly enough it kinda started working yesterday. I noticed the AC plug had quite a bit of grime built up on it so I cleaned it quite a bit with rubbing alcohol an that apparently did the trick.

However the marquee light still isn't getting power, nor are the speakers (even though when I turn off the cab I hear a Millipede-esque beep come directly from them). I checked around both, nothing appears damaged.

Witchboard

Crossed Swords Squire
Well, I'll have to throw out the general comment, "Check your voltages." You might also want to look at rebuilding your ARII board that amplifies your audio, or maybe even the volume pot. Are you sure the light isn't getting power? Maybe it's a bad starter or something.