Metal Slug 6 Boot on ebay

AlucardXP

Bashful Neophyte
Ok, I found this one today on ebay and gotta laugh. We all know Metal Slug 6 is only on Atomiswave but this guy has an MVS cart...Hmm...

http://cgi.ebay.com/METAL-SLUG-6-arcade-jamma-Neo-Geo-MVS-cartridge-works_W0QQitemZ260119018647QQihZ016QQcategoryZ13718QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

sad part is, at the time of this posting, the auction is already over $100...These people dont even know what there getting themselves into...You can clearly tell by the screen shot of the gameplay that its NOT Metal slug 6.
 

topher

Giga Shock!!
Thats funny...The guy says "I think it's original, but base your assumption on the PCB pics"...There are no PCB pics, just the cart in a neo 1 slot.
 

Lochlan

Giga Shock!!
ttooddddyy said:
Excellent.com have it for US $35.

I foolishly bought it :oh_no:

Does Excellent.com exist anymore? I always see people posting that they got this bootleg or that bootleg at excellent.com, but when I go there it's just four links to websites that have nothing to do with anything Neo Geo.

Am I missing something, or are they just simply gone?
 

AlucardXP

Bashful Neophyte
Thats kind of a scary thing considering how much everyone on here seems to talk about him and seems to be a known bootleg seller too...But then again, not everyone out there knows theres a such thing as a MVS bootleg cart...
 

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
That really pisses me off. When I tried to get rid of mine the auction was pulled within 2 hours of listing and this fucker has sold I think 3 now. Such eBay BS.
 

RocketLawnChair

Dyslexic Mods FWT!, , got me 2 scalps, ,
topher said:
Thats funny...The guy says "I think it's original, but base your assumption on the PCB pics"...There are no PCB pics, just the cart in a neo 1 slot.
Yeah, that guy's annoying. Maybe he doesn't know what a PCB is. :(
 

Lochlan

Giga Shock!!
Xian Xi said:
That really pisses me off. When I tried to get rid of mine the auction was pulled within 2 hours of listing and this fucker has sold I think 3 now. Such eBay BS.

He's a power seller -- are you? I don't know from firsthand experience, but the rumour is that ebay will bend over backwards for a power seller, since they are their biggest source of revenue. This is total hearsay on my part, but I've seen this claim many times.
 

AlucardXP

Bashful Neophyte
Its funny, he also doesnt respond to emails and hasnt responded to a PCB pic request either...He deff knows he selling bootlegs. I also like his money back guarantee...
 

AlucardXP

Bashful Neophyte
Lochlan said:
He's a power seller -- are you? I don't know from firsthand experience, but the rumour is that ebay will bend over backwards for a power seller, since they are their biggest source of revenue. This is total hearsay on my part, but I've seen this claim many times.


This actually isnt always true. I was a powerseller for a while on ebay...There are no benefits...To become a powerseller, you just have to sell over $1000 in items in a month...Technically speaking, if I set up 1 fake auction for over $1000 and had a dummy account buy it, id have a powerseller status. Its kind of retarded how it works.
 

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
AlucardXP said:
This actually isnt always true. I was a powerseller for a while on ebay...There are no benefits...To become a powerseller, you just have to sell over $1000 in items in a month...Technically speaking, if I set up 1 fake auction for over $1000 and had a dummy account buy it, id have a powerseller status. Its kind of retarded how it works.

And they have to maintain a 98% feedback rating. When my listing was canceled I was told it was a Vero violation which can only be reported by the Vero member themselves. I think it was at the time MS6 came out on PS2, maybe thats why.
 

AlucardXP

Bashful Neophyte
If it was a VERO violation, then SNK/Playmore had to report you. Only the licensed manufacture can do that I believe. Im not sure, but you can probably report auctions tho. Ive had it happen to me quite a few times since I sell diecut decals. I dont think it had to do with the relase of MS6 on ps2 tho.
 

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
Lets try this, go here. Choose a report and paste this item number ( 260119018647 ) into it and file it. Lets see if that ends the auction.
 
Top