Metal Slug 2 CD Turbo Released: Slowdown Reduction Patched

SmokeMonster

Morden's Lackey
I mentioned this in the MS2 Slowdown Reduction thread but it really deserves its own thread.

Raz was able to apply system11's MVS/AES eprom patch to Metal Slug 2 CD and has made it publicly available.

Here's the release thread with more info, and here is a direct link so you don't have to register at EP to get it.

Spoiler:
MS2 CD Turbo Release Info
Source: Metal Slug 2 (1998)(SNK)(JP)[!] TOSEC 2009-8-30 (ISO/WAV/CUE) 685mb
Turbo Patch v1
Tested on Real Hardware: Neo Geo CD & CD-Z
Note: Burn the .cue using ImgBurn

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Can this patch be applied via the neo2pc?

Yes, it is something that can be applied with pc2neo, its also something I could add in the new CD unibios release once its ready. I have opted against that however at this time due to the fact that there is not a spare cheat slot for the game (all 16 are used) and I don't want it to be an automatic patch because it does cause minor game graphic glitches.

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
Can you also rip MS2 to an ISO, and apply the patch to the ISO?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Does the Unibios for NGCD image take up the entire space on the eprom or is it doubled/quadrupled? if it's doubled/quadrupled, maybe make two versions on the same chip. I think the NBM for NGCD has a switch to flip between stock and Unibios, unless I am remembering wrong.

mikew

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
I think the NBM for NGCD has a switch to flip between stock and Unibios, unless I am remembering wrong.

The switch allows you to boot either NGCD Unibios Mode or MVS development mode. That said, all of the rom is used.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The switch allows you to boot either NGCD Unibios Mode or MVS development mode. That said, all of the rom is used.

Exactly, so you can run two images, correct?

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Awesome. When I was reading that thread I just kept thinking "wish this was for the cd version too" Since we cd owners dont have any other slugs.

Be uber fucking awesome if we could get some pressed limited edition run of these disk.

Now if only they could turn the game into X.

Last edited:

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Exactly, so you can run two images, correct?

In theory it can be done by removing the dev bios, but that would be very much work for something that can be fixed by simply burning a CD with the patch already applied. Its just not worth loosing the dev bios for this one thing given that so much more to the CD system.

Raz