Marvel vs. Capcom 2 DC or Xbox version?

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
Harry_Hearttrob said:
Which is the better port of this great game?

Both are very good ports I got the Xbox version yesterday...but I prefer the DC maybe bec of the ASCII FT pad...

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
I have to go with the DC version. Just stay the hell away from the PS2 version...but you probably knew that already. lol

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
By what I've heard, the XBox version doesn't allow certian combos and plays a bit differently, you're best off getting the Dreamcast version.

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
I'd have to go with the DC version as well. Just make sure to pick up a great fighting stick. :shame:

Harry_Hearttrob

Geese's Thug
DC it is. I looked in the stores just to see if anybody around me had mvc2 for xbox and couldn't find a damn copy anywhere. It sux

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Gonna Take You For A Ride Ba Da Da!

What's the difference between the DC version and the PS2 version?

I've already got the DC version, but my DC is often in a box (small apartment-no room), and I was thinking of getting the PS2 version as well.

Does the PS2 version have the same amount of characters? Are they there from the start or are they all unlockable?

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
tsukaesugi said:

I've already got the DC version, but my DC is often in a box (small apartment-no room), and I was thinking of getting the PS2 version as well.

Does the PS2 version have the same amount of characters? Are they there from the start or are they all unlockable?

My Pal in Valdosta picked up the PS2 version after watching me play the DC versions in the dorms. He says the Characters are the same and must be unlocked. But all the backgrounds are there from the beginning, and you can unlock extra artworks instead.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
tsukaesugi said:

Game is just choppy as hell on the PS2, the characters look like ass on the 3d bgs(wrose than CvS2). As for the gameplay, I have no clue, I haven't played mine in a while.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Master Giby said:
Game is just choppy as hell on the PS2, the characters look like ass on the 3d bgs(wrose than CvS2). As for the gameplay, I have no clue, I haven't played mine in a while.

Hmm... doesn't sound good.

OK, thanks for the info Giby & Kagerou.

Yeah, I would have to agree with everyone, go with the Dreamcast version of Marvel vs Capcom 2. :buttrock: I had the Japanese version on the Dreamcast before there was an Arcade version of it out here in the states, and I have played the english one as well, and I could tell u, there way better graphix in the DC version then the PS2 of XBox version, they just dont compare..... :shame:

PleaseKillMeNow

Aerobics Instructor,
I have the DC version, and seeing how I love bandwagon hopping, I'm gonna recommend that.

Though personally, it's not the game I'd be making topics about.

The first one owns the second for many amounts of free.

msu89dawgs

Hardened Shock Trooper
I don't notice any difference in gameplay between the DC and XBox versions (I have both). The XBox version looks better on my 43" HDTV, with the HD AV pack, but the DC version looks awesome on a PC monitor with the VGA adapter. Overall, I'd say it would come down to controllers, if you have a fighting controller for one system that you prefer over the other. I use ASCII Saturn sticks with my DC, and Nuby Soul Calibur II sticks with the XBox. I prefer the Saturn sticks.

neo*geo

Mickey's Coach
i would go with the dreamcast

though im just playing on the ps2 version at the moment

verbel

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I love the DC version I wanted the X-box version when I though it was going to be live supported but, since its not I would never get it.

neo*geo

Mickey's Coach
i just wanted to know since this about marvel vs capcom 2 if guile has a infinite air combo with use of his air super

snesaes

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Go with the DC version, it's a perfect port. The Xbox one always seems choppy to me (the menus) but I could just be crazy. Not to mention DC has a kick ass controller and you can get even better arcade sticks for it as well.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
You CAN unlock the VS. levels in the PS2 one.

The big difference (other than graphics and such) is that the DC unlock screen shows you your level. That little bar that shows how long youve played and stuff.

Its gone in the PS2 and Xbox one so you just play blindly until a new character pops up. There is also the art to unlock, but thats kind of boring.

Ryu1972

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I have the X-Box and DC versions and have played MvC2 since it dropped, I have
to say that the timing on the DC version is much tighter and more true to the
Arcade version. The DC MvC2 OWNS..... :cool:

snesaes

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Personally, I don't think there's been a port to any system that has beaten Dreamcast, but I guess these days it's not to hard to port anything. :D