Lilo & Stitch GBA = Metal Slug

Dan Elektro

Morden's Lackey
Joined
May 22, 2001
Posts
363
You won't believe me until you try it yourself--but seriously, try this one when it comes out. Lilo & Stitch GBA plays uncannily like Metal Slug. Weapon powerups, even a tank that you jump into for parts of some levels. Very fast firing rate of the weapons. All that's missing is the hostages. You might just ignore a GBA Disney game normally, but...well, hell, it surprised me. I honestly think they looked at Metal Slug and said "Let's do that!"
 

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2000
Posts
4,087
:)

I like you. never any flames or bullshit, just damn good posts with great gaming goodness.
 

Dan Elektro

Morden's Lackey
Joined
May 22, 2001
Posts
363
Well, golly, thanks. :)

Did I mention Lilo has monkeys in helicopters and mosquitos and stuff too? That felt very Sluggy as well--you shoot up and then come crashing down.
 

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2000
Posts
4,087
Originally posted by Dan Elektro:
<strong>Well, golly, thanks. :)

Did I mention Lilo has monkeys in helicopters and mosquitos and stuff too? That felt very Sluggy as well--you shoot up and then come crashing down.</strong><hr></blockquote>

<img src="graemlins/glee.gif" border="0" alt="[Glee]" />
 

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2001
Posts
3,886
Aww....it looks like Love is in the air.


Orpheus & Dan Elektro sittin in a tree...

[ May 03, 2002: Message edited by: RevQuixo ]</p>
 

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2000
Posts
4,087
Originally posted by RevQuixo:
<strong>Aww....it looks like Love is in the air.


Orpheus & Dan Elektro sittin in a tree...

[ May 03, 2002: Message edited by: RevQuixo ]</strong><hr></blockquote>




<img src="graemlins/shame.gif" border="0" alt="[Shame]" />
 

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2000
Posts
4,087
Originally posted by ORPHEUS:
<strong>




<img src="graemlins/shame.gif" border="0" alt="[Shame]" /> </strong><hr></blockquote>


LOL! just kiddin

<img src="graemlins/glee.gif" border="0" alt="[Glee]" />
 
T

TRIEUMINATOR

Guest
Originally posted by Dan Elektro:
<strong>Well, golly, thanks. :)

Did I mention Lilo has monkeys in helicopters and mosquitos and stuff too? That felt very Sluggy as well--you shoot up and then come crashing down.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Dan, you ROCK. Still waiting for that issue. Send me two if you can. I'll buy you dinner when you come down for E3. I want to read one and the other keep it in the plastic bag.
 

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason,
Joined
Aug 14, 2000
Posts
2,495
I went to the GP site and found a page on this game. I can see the Slug influence. This looks kinda' fun. Who'da thought, eh?

For those that want to look:
<a href="http://www.gamepro.com/nintendo/gameboy_advance/games/previews/22940.shtml" target="_blank">Lilo/Slug Type</a>
 

sluttygirls

Crossed Swords Squire
Joined
Apr 3, 2002
Posts
180
"Stitch’s missions played in the vein of classic bullet-fueled 2D shooters like Contra, while Lilo’s levels were more thoughtful, puzzle-oriented platform affairs à la Flashback, Abe’s Oddysee, or Out of This World"

looks kind of cartoony but still cool
 
C

Caris Nautilus

Guest
Originally posted by RevQuixo:
<strong>Aww....it looks like Love is in the air.


Orpheus & Dan Elektro sittin in a tree...

[ May 03, 2002: Message edited by: RevQuixo ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

lmao, your one to fucking talk, bugulas balls are still wet from you snackin on them...

[ May 04, 2002: Message edited by: Drift King EX ]</p>
 

Dan Elektro

Morden's Lackey
Joined
May 22, 2001
Posts
363
Game's reviewed on the site today, in case anybody's keen to read it.

<a href="http://www.gamepro.com/nintendo/gameboy_advance/games/reviews/middle24123.shtml" target="_blank">http://www.gamepro.com/nintendo/gameboy_advance/games/reviews/middle24123.shtml</a>
 

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
Joined
Jan 4, 2002
Posts
5,283
Originally posted by sluttygirls:
<strong>"Stitch’s missions played in the vein of classic bullet-fueled 2D shooters like Contra, while Lilo’s levels were more thoughtful, puzzle-oriented platform affairs à la Flashback, Abe’s Oddysee, or Out of This World"

looks kind of cartoony but still cool</strong><hr></blockquote>

I remeber that game "Out of this world"! That was the tightest side scroll game on the PC! I first played that mug in 2nd grade. I still remember the time I got in trouble for making a paper gun and acting like the character in the game.
 

Crow_T_Robot

Marked Wolf
Joined
Sep 26, 2001
Posts
211
Originally posted by Dan Elektro:
<strong>Well, golly, thanks. :)

Did I mention Lilo has monkeys.......</strong><hr></blockquote>

MONKEYS !!!! I`m in!! Monkeys friggin` RULE!!!!
 
Top