Lets see your computer desktop: 2013 edition

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I'd like to slightly amend my entry on the first page of this considering the nostalgic nature of some of these I'm seeing. I still have my 512K kicking which I used as a kid. I guess this isn't necessarily the desktop as the machine boots from whatever disk you put in as some of you probably know, but it'll work for this post. I always keep this disk in... one of the best and most difficult games (to play and to find) on the old 1st gen Macintosh. I'd be shocked if more than a handful of you have played it. I still love it! I know, I'm a shameless fanboy but as you can tell, I was brainwashed from a very young age. :D

512k_zpse6577fcd.jpg

Very nice!

Also Jealous of your working EL in your sig!

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Very nice!

Also Jealous of your working EL in your sig!

Thanks man. It's relatively easy to swap the original/dead ELs out which is what I did. Shoot me a PM if you're interested or check the General Forum as there's a thread there too I posted up in.

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
I bet you can't find one person who ever used that stupid Briefcase app.

Oooo Roger Dean?
Yeah. I found a zip file online a while back with a lot of large scale images of his work.
I was on a huge Yes kick at the time. A lot of them work great for backgrounds. Though, some I skip on just because they're from Albums I haven't had time to look for yet--like a lot of ASIA stuff.

Zeek

n00b
clean desktops are for those with nothing to do!
Being a tool at work - apparently I was doing some nifty After Effects according to a co-worker - so I thought I should make it completel Xtreme and strap a GoPro on there for maximum douche value:
ZP8qt.jpg

And the messy desk at home:
JN7TG.jpg

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Thanks man. It's relatively easy to swap the original/dead ELs out which is what I did. Shoot me a PM if you're interested or check the General Forum as there's a thread there too I posted up in.

Cheers!

I found the topic and link to purchase the replacements :) It'll cost me around £90 plus postage but I think it's worth it :)

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
April bump.
Seeing how the thread's tagged for the year, whatever...

Resized.
DesktopApril2013Small_zps7f1cb2cf.png

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
LOL at linux. I'm biased because the other PowerSystems run AIX.

don't let the geek flame war die...

I've admin'd hp-ux, irix, aix, tru64 , linux over the last decade . LOL at AIX, the most annoying and expensive unix to run and administer. As we use to say, all resemblance between unix and aix is purely coincidental :D . Nothing but a vendor lock-in trap anymore ... But I'll give it some credits , at leasts it's not os/400 ( or whatever name it has this year ) ;)

linux wins. get with the program.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
I work from home... and my desk gets pretty cluttered. Not happy about it at the moment.

AFF71566-359B-40F7-BC7A-1675415FEDCC-2574-0000014CFB134DA6_zpsa5385392.jpg

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
I only have one monitor, after viewing this thread I now feel like I am doing it wrong.