Let’s talk NGPC in 2018!

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Yeah, BennVenn is definitely worth the wait. I have a freckleshack for my GBC and it's badass.

-SD-

Camel Slug
4x9LHqt.jpg

So this is the chinese GBC screen with the converter cable installed in a Pocket... :keke:

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Not sexy. Where did you see that?

Meezzio

n00b
What do y'all think of the chances of a new lens to be released as part of the backlit screen adapting it to the new screen size...

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Maybe Jelly Belly or Bluish Squirrel can make some new glass lenses for this that crop in on the smaller screen? I'm hoping BennVenn's is closer to actual size.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
My replacement screen arrived very early today. Apprehensive to install it now without some sort of bezel.

knIBRuum.jpg

eu2N62Bm.jpg

hnaoeZHm.jpg

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I was considering getting it, but I've been reading comments on twitter mentioning it's the Benn Venn freckleshack LCD and his adapter design bootlegged before he could even release it. Something about a leaked release from the manufacturer in China.
Which is pretty shitty, Benn Venn does a lot of great innovations for our hobby. I hate to see him get screwed by the bootleggers. I'm probably going to wait till he releases his just to give him support.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
I was considering getting it, but I've been reading comments on twitter mentioning it's the Benn Venn freckleshack LCD and his adapter design bootlegged before he could even release it. Something about a leaked release from the manufacturer in China.
Which is pretty shitty, Benn Venn does a lot of great innovations for our hobby. I hate to see him get screwed by the bootleggers. I'm probably going to wait till he releases his just to give him support.

Exactly what I plan on doing as well. The freckleshack is dope and he prices things very reasonably.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Jelly Bean Customs will be doing a screen lense for the NGPC when BennVenn releases.

Even better :)

I to shall be waiting on the Benn Venn release.

I never have nor will support the ripping off of peoples hard work especially when they put so much into the Hobby I love.

it290

Not so MEGA, eh?
Does anyone have an install guide or instructions for those aliexpress kits? The seller told me that some soldering was required which contradicts the 'no welding' mentioned earlier in this thread. I ordered one before seeing this, would not have done so if I'd known it was a pirated design. As far as the smaller size goes, I'm not too worried about it, hopefully a custom lens will solve the problem but until then it's easy enough to make a matte to hide those unsexy electronic bits.