Legitimate copy of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children?

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
Hello all,

I'm trying to locate and buy a legitimate copy of this DVD. Trouble is, there's a ton of bullshit copies floating around, and I'm not keen on paying someone else to copy and profit off of someone else's work. From what I understand the legitimate copies don't have English subtitles. That's cool; even if I don't understand the damn thing I'll still gladly watch it, and whenever it is released here, I can watch the translated one. I've found this:

http://www.jbox.com/PRODUCT/ACNM34031

It looks promising, but after seeing a bunch of bullshit, lies, and more bullshit everywhere else, it's hard - no, impossible - to be certain. Can anyone help a brother out? I don't mind forking over $55 for this if it's legit, but if I could get a legit copy for less elsewhere, that would be splendid.

Thanks, ya'll.

ray_7

thats the real thing dude. i saw one in japan town couple days ago, looks just like that...

no english subtitles..

very nice glass case instead of the usual dvd plastic case...

funkified

Edo Express Delivery Guy
hey man i can get you real one, cheaper than that website too! msg me if you are interested

Neon_Sonic

Setsuna's Owl Keeper
Coming out in April in the US, last I heard.

The DVD is $15 cheaper at CDJapan. All of their stuff is legitimate, too.

slerch666

updyke,
March 28, 2006.

Rumor had it Sony was pushing it back for a possible theatrical release or some shit.

Of course, what's the point, since all the "fans" already stole a copy over the Internet, so they won't need to see it in the theatre or buy the DVD.

They really should have done a simultaneous luanch in both regions, but whatever I don't care nor want the movie anyway.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
slerch666 said:
March 28, 2006.

Rumor had it Sony was pushing it back for a possible theatrical release or some shit.

Of course, what's the point, since all the "fans" already stole a copy over the Internet, so they won't need to see it in the theatre or buy the DVD.

They really should have done a simultaneous luanch in both regions, but whatever I don't care nor want the movie anyway.

Heh, Can you imagine how bad a wide theatrical releas of that piece of crap would bomb?

slerch666

updyke,
Nesagwa said:
Heh, Can you imagine how bad a wide theatrical releas of that piece of crap would bomb?
One can only hope. Would it bomb as badly as "The Spirits Within?" Hmm....

LadyVamp

Camel Slug
The Spirits Within was one of the worst movies ever. What a load of shit.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
slerch666 said:
One can only hope. Would it bomb as badly as "The Spirits Within?" Hmm....

It would be fun what they would say to jump from Spirits Within directly to the 7th installment of the series :kekeke:

And without the same characters.

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
I enjoyed Advent Children a great deal, so much in fact that I am gonna invest in the DVD when it's released.

So there. :p

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
RiotoftheBlood said:
Hello all,

I'm trying to locate and buy a legitimate copy of this DVD. Trouble is, there's a ton of bullshit copies floating around, and I'm not keen on paying someone else to copy and profit off of someone else's work. From what I understand the legitimate copies don't have English subtitles. That's cool; even if I don't understand the damn thing I'll still gladly watch it, and whenever it is released here, I can watch the translated one. I've found this:

http://www.jbox.com/PRODUCT/ACNM34031

It looks promising, but after seeing a bunch of bullshit, lies, and more bullshit everywhere else, it's hard - no, impossible - to be certain. Can anyone help a brother out? I don't mind forking over $55 for this if it's legit, but if I could get a legit copy for less elsewhere, that would be splendid.

Thanks, ya'll.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Final-Fantasy-A...22898QQcategoryZ62053QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Baseley09

Hair Group,
LadyVamp said:
The Spirits Within was one of the worst movies ever. What a load of shit.

I actually enjoyed that, at least in terms of spectacle.

Advent Children tho, good graphics, but prolly one of the worst things I ever sat through :annoyed:

And this is from someone mildly entertained by the House of the Dead movie.

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
Until reading the responses in this thread, I had heard nothing but praise for Advent Children... for those of you who don't like it, without spoiling anything, what exactly was so bad about it?? I think it looks frickin' awesome from the trailers I have seen.

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
RiotoftheBlood said:
Until reading the responses in this thread, I had heard nothing but praise for Advent Children... for those of you who don't like it, without spoiling anything, what exactly was so bad about it?? I think it looks frickin' awesome from the trailers I have seen.

Seems like typical n-g.com angst against to me. Ive seen it I know at least 12 times and I would like to know what truly was so bad about it?

O.

Igniz v2

whinny little kid, why r teens so angry, needs sec
sadly, that's all it does, is look pretty.

all flash, no substance.

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
Yeah, I forgot that there are (or at least were) a lot of Square haters here.

O. Yashiro said:
Seems like typical n-g.com angst against to me. Ive seen it I know at least 12 times and I would like to know what truly was so bad about it?

O.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Domino-chan said:
I enjoyed Advent Children a great deal, so much in fact that I am gonna invest in the DVD when it's released.

So there. :p

i thought it was cool too.
a friend burned me a copy of it subbed, it was a good job.
i'm getting it when it comes out.
it was nice to see all the characters and get further closure on it all.
the only thing that bothered me was all the fucking cell phones in it.
jesus.

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
Good to see you, rare.

Cell phones?!?!

(playing final fantasy title theme, character answers phone): "Yo, wassup Sephiroth?? ... Aaight, I'll be there. ... Cool. ... Later."

rarehero said:
i thought it was cool too.
a friend burned me a copy of it subbed, it was a good job.
i'm getting it when it comes out.
it was nice to see all the characters and get further closure on it all.
the only thing that bothered me was all the fucking cell phones in it.
jesus.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
RiotoftheBlood said:
Good to see you, rare.

Cell phones?!?!

(playing final fantasy title theme, character answers phone): "Yo, wassup Sephiroth?? ... Aaight, I'll be there. ... Cool. ... Later."

it's good to hear from you man.
what have you been up to lately?
man, life just keeps going doesnt it.
the whole movie is far fetched superhero jumping and flying all over the place
kind of stuff with the fights and all, but if you like or love ff7 you'll like it.
it's not going to make any more sense but it's good.
i'm not sure if the cell phones annoy me because it seems farfetched for it
to be in the period of the whole game and all, or if it's my universal dislike for
cell phones in general.
;P

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
RiotoftheBlood said:

Imagine if you will you had never played Final Fantasy or even knew it existed and then saw a movie that was 90% ridiculous fight scenes with no dialogue or story to move the movie along.

Probably one of the thinnest plots and loosely put together movies I have ever seen.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
RiotoftheBlood said:

It's super happy fun good stuff.

The plot was only thick enough to get things moving on so that the fights could happen really, and it just kind of puts an end to the story of the game.

If you liked FFVII, you'll probably like the movie quite a bit.

slerch666

updyke,
RiotoftheBlood said:

I hate FFVII. So I didn't purchase the R2 and I'm not going to steal a copy online. I have NO interest in the movie.

SoloFenris

Sakura's Bank Manager
RiotoftheBlood said:

I was greatly anticipating this one myself. Hell, we had only been seeing screenshots of it for what, a year or more before it came out? I got a copy from my friend and, well, it has already been said that the story was weak but I expected that before going in. As far as the fight scenes are concerned all of the characters move in that super duper hyper speedy mode, clash a little bit, pan back, and then do it again. The whole time the camera is zipping around just as fast as the characters so I never really felt like I was watching them "fight." It felt more like I was watching someone fast forwarding constantly. Not terrible, just underwhelming.

Jeff