Konami Windy Club

WupWuh

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I think I remember that goop from the control panel when I was cleaning my Windy II out. I just figured it was some mixture of coke and nicotine, never considered monitor goo. My Windy II has been working fine. I think I still have some pre-clean Windy II pics on an external hard drive somewhere. I'll go searching. Stay strong, Windy brother!

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Thx, WW!

From what I've been able to cobble together, it appears the goo is some sort of adhesive that binds the metal shell of the monitor to the tube.

I used to think the goo patches in the cp surround were old coke/nicotine, too.

The question is-did the temp/humidity changes during our cabs initial trans-ocean voyage to us, cause some of this binding agent to melt/drip?

WW, has any of this stuff come back, after your deep clean?

The 2nd question: if not an outside temp/humidity change...what is causing the binding agent to liquify? If it caused by an abnormal/unsafe level of heat inside the cab...that would suck.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
can someone check if the windy casters and feet are the same as some other more common cab, like a blast city? been trying to cross reference them.

Putting this here, in case any Windy Club members happen to have, or come across a Blast. These are Windy II casters, that attach w/ 4 screws.

usy3ujy9.jpg

mapy7yru.jpg

foobs

n00b
Just picked up a windy over the weekend from max 330 mega, who is an awesome guy by the way! As you can see it's getting plenty of use. Joystick and buttons are new so I'm just going to swap to a circle gate. One speaker is blown so I'm waiting on replacements now. It has an xxxx-in-1 in there right now that's working just fine so I'll keep that for a little while and maybe go hyperspin eventually. This cab has been painted; it looks pretty decent. I'd like to refinish it but can't find a good way to reproduce the side art. If anyone has links to good quality images for the side art, please let me know.

I'm still working on refinishing my dynamo and neo-geo cabs, so this one will have to wait. Man I love sitting down and playing fighters... that's gotta be the best selling point for candy cabs! This monitor is just beautiful. I've been sneaking away every evening to play Street Fighter on this. Love it!

z7n8YC8.jpg

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Congrats, looks beautiful! I see your CPO repro is super dark too, line mine. I assume it's because the scan out there is too dark. Has anyone managed to get a matching repro?
Yeah I don't like the repro panel that's on there at all. I really hope I can find a better overlay that's glossy with less holes in it and with matching colors

foobs

n00b
Yeah I don't like the repro panel that's on there at all. I really hope I can find a better overlay that's glossy with less holes in it and with matching colors

Yeah, same here. Good news is it's already been vectorized:
http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Konami_Windy
Someone just needs to lighten it up and maybe do some test prints to compare how it matches with the rest of the cab. If you end up finding someone selling good prints, please post about it here :)

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Yeah, same here. Good news is it's already been vectorized:
http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Konami_Windy
Someone just needs to lighten it up and maybe do some test prints to compare how it matches with the rest of the cab. If you end up finding someone selling good prints, please post about it here :)

I wish I had the skills to do that but sadly I do not.
Also looks like I have one of the older models that doesn't have volume adjustment from the PSU. Kinda sucks, I thought the Windy was stereo but maybe that is the Windy II. I have a lot of Konami PCBs and they all have stereo headers. There is a decent plug I can use though to add in a stereo amp.
Funny thing about this cab is it once belonged to the infamous Japhei. I got it from a tattoo shop who's owner bought it from him years ago. It reeks of incense and e-cig juice and is gonna take a while for me to clean it all out. The control panel wiring is also hacked to shit. I have a lot of wiring to clean up. I can't freaking stand it when people cut the harnesses. I have a lot of quick disconnects to remove and solder properly and for this cab I'm just gonna have to bite the bullet and buy the Japanese amp plug connector crimpers and stuff.

foobs

n00b
Hehe, yeah I ended up getting these (took a while to get here, but worth it):
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002TKG11G/
... plus a bunch of terminals directly from JST, since I needed some that aren't stocked by digikey, mouser, etc.

Can't remember about the stereo vs mono sound. Jamma is mono only, but can't recall if there is a stereo plug in there. I ended up putting in a computer with mame/hyperspin and
wired up a sub in the coin box with amp and volume control. No cutting harnesses of course.

Have fun cleaning all that grime, hehe. Guess it can't be any worse than all the ash in these things when they come from japan or china.

I wish I had the skills to do that but sadly I do not.
Also looks like I have one of the older models that doesn't have volume adjustment from the PSU. Kinda sucks, I thought the Windy was stereo but maybe that is the Windy II. I have a lot of Konami PCBs and they all have stereo headers. There is a decent plug I can use though to add in a stereo amp.
Funny thing about this cab is it once belonged to the infamous Japhei. I got it from a tattoo shop who's owner bought it from him years ago. It reeks of incense and e-cig juice and is gonna take a while for me to clean it all out. The control panel wiring is also hacked to shit. I have a lot of wiring to clean up. I can't freaking stand it when people cut the harnesses. I have a lot of quick disconnects to remove and solder properly and for this cab I'm just gonna have to bite the bullet and buy the Japanese amp plug connector crimpers and stuff.

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Looking for any information on what volume pot was used in this cab. Mine doesn't have the volume pot or the konami PCB harness and would like to reproduce one. I'm looking for a part number, pics or values of the pot that was used. Here's a pic and some info on it.
Konami_Windy_Inside.JPG

H5Iywco.png

demirichris

Hardened Shock Trooper
Damn. The inside of your Windy is super clean man, great work. I need to get in my candies and scrub 'em down.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I'm either going to be selling (if I can get a rodotron trisync chassis) or parting out my Konami Windy II in the very near future.

Jamma--->JVS loom (namco), OEM marquee holder, BIGTIME arts (UnderDefeat arts & Gradius IV marquee)and populated custom panel are highlights.

PSU/sound amp good to go.

Watch this space for the early bird deets. All responding to this IC post, will have dibs once the sales thread opens.

Cab (or parts if parted out) will ship from 19382. I won't palette or plastic wrap this. A moving blanket, and bubble wrap for the monitor is provided on my end. All other shipping arrangements are on the buyer. The cab weighs approx 200lbs.

Thanks for reading!

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
I'm either going to be selling (if I can get a rodotron trisync chassis) or parting out my Konami Windy II in the very near future.

Jamma--->JVS loom (namco), OEM marquee holder, BIGTIME arts (UnderDefeat arts & Gradius IV marquee)and populated custom panel are highlights.

PSU/sound amp good to go.

Watch this space for the early bird deets. All responding to this IC post, will have dibs once the sales thread opens.

Cab (or parts if parted out) will ship from 19382. I won't palette or plastic wrap this. A moving blanket, and bubble wrap for the monitor is provided on my end. All other shipping arrangements are on the buyer. The cab weighs approx 200lbs.

Thanks for reading!

What type of Rodotron chassis do you need?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
What type of Rodotron chassis do you need?

I've conflicting info, that 666a works, and that 666b1 works. Hoping one of Club members has done this chassis fix before, and can weigh in. The tube is the stock Tosh that shipped w/ these cabs from the factory.

If there is interest in the cab as a whole, I'll secure a chassis and bring the cab back to life.

If not, I'll part it out.

Last edited:

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Interested in the cab as a whole. Would love to talk deets when/if you move toward selling.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Interested in the cab as a whole. Would love to talk deets when/if you move toward selling.

My man. Gotta warn you; we are friends-and even friends prices won't be cheap I'm afraid.

I'll call you tonight.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
I have cash, WIC, food stamps, a section eight villa, an overly abused civic, and a Y2K compliant monitor that I can barter with.

Would love to talk Jim and I am around tonight.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
I've conflicting info, that 666a works, and that 666b1 works. Hoping one of Club members has done this chassis fix before, and can weigh in. The tube is the stock Tosh that shipped w/ these cabs from the factory.

If there is interest in the cab as a whole, I'll secure a chassis and bring the cab back to life.

If not, I'll part it out.

The 666B1 is meant for the Blast City, but if you can confirm with someone that it works on a Windy (my instincts say it won't), I know where you can get one.