KOF EX1&2 are fine portable fighting games

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I got my GBA everdrive in the mail the other day and I've been blown away at how good these are. Granted I can spot some missing animations here and there (ok, more than here and there, esp on the specials), but overall it looks and more importantly, plays like the Neo Geo games.

Anyone else into these games? I rarely see them brought up ... anywhere.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Hell yeah :buttrock: King of Fighters EX2 was way better than it had any right to be back in the day when it released. Though the first EX release on gba was a slow and choppy misfire, EX2 was a sharp course correction that finally delivered a great kof title on the gba.

I was surprised that some of the exclusive characters from these titles never made it to the full-fledged kof games, particularly Reiji and his moveset:

141079-the-king-of-fighters-ex2-howling-blood-game-boy-advance-screenshot.png

Solid little mini adaptation of kof 2000 for sure:

Kof EX2 was also ported to the N-Gage as “King of Fighters Extreme”...but the less said about the N-Gage the better :lolz:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
The games were tight; however, playing on the SP I had at the time- s u c k e d.

The d-pad drove me nuts. I kept wishing either the NGPC would get a 32 bit upgrade, or the GBA would get a clicky thumb-stick mod/upgrade.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I have KOF Extreme on the N-Gage. It actually plays pretty well on the QD.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
The FIFA N•Gage game was ace, also. Sidetalkin’ and all, I loved mine.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
The FIFA N•Gage game was ace, also. Sidetalkin’ and all, I loved mine.

I never used mine as a phone and I never had the sidetalking model. I bought a QD several years after the fact for cheap and enjoyed stuff like KOF, Tony Hawk, etc. Mostly stuff you could also get on GBA or PS1 but there is some fun to be had

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
Hell yeah :buttrock: King of Fighters EX2 was way better than it had any right to be back in the day when it released. Though the first EX release on gba was a slow and choppy misfire, EX2 was a sharp course correction that finally delivered a great kof title on the gba.

I was surprised that some of the exclusive characters from these titles never made it to the full-fledged kof games, particularly Reiji and his moveset:

141079-the-king-of-fighters-ex2-howling-blood-game-boy-advance-screenshot.png

Solid little mini adaptation of kof 2000 for sure:

Kof EX2 was also ported to the N-Gage as “King of Fighters Extreme”...but the less said about the N-Gage the better :lolz:

I didn't know it was that good. Looks like I found a fighter for my ds lite.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I will say EX2 is markedly better than EX1, but overall, both are pretty good.

I spent a good toilet session on it today.