Just a TRON-like heads up for Xbox Live Arcade, this wednesday.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Aegis Wing.
New Side-scrolling shooter.
Up to 4 players simultaneous co-op on same machine or Xbox Live.
Good-looking screenshots on main site.
Don't expect it to rival the Darius series, R-type, or the like; but looks promising.
100% Free of charge for this game.

End of line.

Last edited:

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Huh...? It's free?

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Aegis Wingt, huh... I'll DL it. Looks pretty cool to me.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member

Goddamn that looks pretty fun! Thanks for the heads up. Can't wait to try it out.

RBjakeSpecial

20 Year Member
Mawdsley said:
Awesome, but North America only.

stupid microsoft... They're going on and on about how they are making efforts to make market place content available everywhere, but they don't own the rights.

Oh well.. if it's a hassle I'll skip it.

Mawdsley

Belnar Institute Student
RBjakeSpecial said:
stupid microsoft... They're going on and on about how they are making efforts to make market place content available everywhere, but they don't own the rights.

Oh well.. if it's a hassle I'll skip it.
They probably have some crappy marketing tie in where some USA company/tv station is sponsoring it, kind of like how they did the initial Gears maps. Oh well, from what I gather, it's still possible to use a fake account to download content (at least demos) from other regions.

RBjakeSpecial

20 Year Member
Wow... if it were incredibly bad or really good it would be fine. The game is shockingly mediocre. It's so middle of the road that playing it for another second would make me angry.

I don't recommend playing it, even for free.

What do you guys think?

Jedah and I played through it a few minutes ago.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
RBjakeSpecial said:
Wow... if it were incredibly bad or really good it would be fine. The game is shockingly mediocre. It's so middle of the road that playing it for another second would make me angry.

What do you guys think?

Ugh, I usually will play any shmup no matter how bad, but this game sucks. I really wanted to like it too. I hate to bash it because it's free.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
RBjakeSpecial said:

What do you guys think?

Yep, same here. Just decent. The 4-player cluster of love is fun, but other then that it's alright.

It's basically a glorified 4 person chat room.

Last edited:

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
Jedah Doma said:
Yep, same here. Just decent. The 4-player cluster of love is fun, but other then that it's alright.

It's basically a glorified 4 person chat room.

I only played it single player. My live account expired so I need to get another card :mad:
I can see that it might have potential in multiplayer. I'll probably give it a try on Live when I get a chance.

Borman

Genjuro's Frog
I think its fun to play, especially considering its free. Played with my Roommate, who has no shooter experience, so it was fun. Yea

Trevor McFur in the Crescent Galaxy >>>>>>>>>> Aegis Wing.

That should tell you all you need to know.

caleb1883

Super Spy Agent
Yeah, it's got lots of short term fun, and the ability to join ships together undoubtedly makes this game worth downloading for free no less. But there is very little variety of enemies, bosses aren't that hard, and level design doesn't vary at all, although the way the backgrounds scroll can actually make you feel like you are making a turn when you aren't. Great mechanics, graphics look pretty good, but in the end there just is no variety. Man, if they could one-up this and give it some better level design it would be one of the best on the Live Arcade, IMO. The concept of being able to freely join any of the ships together is really what makes this game stand out. I hated it until I played it with four people, and then I loved it.