JROK fight against RCA *Getting rid of the Wavy Lines*

ClassicMode1985

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
:help: :help: :help: I've tested this on four TV's...and I hate every minute of it...

The S-Video is fine...but when I go over to a friends house and run it in RCA it's horrible...

What can I do?

Logicdustbin

Sieger's Squire
slap your friend for not having a better TV :tickled:

from what I have read (on this forum) it is well know that the RCA feed sucks ass, I don't think there is anything that you can do.

My friend has a brand new TV (Panisonic, I think) and he uses the supergun I built him using the RCA, he thinks it looks fine. For some reason he doesn't use the S-vid connection, too many game systems hooked up at once I guess.......

ClassicMode1985

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Logicdustbin said:
slap your friend for not having a better TV :tickled:

from what I have read (on this forum) it is well know that the RCA feed sucks ass, I don't think there is anything that you can do.

My friend has a brand new TV (Panisonic, I think) and he uses the supergun I built him using the RCA, he thinks it looks fine. For some reason he doesn't use the S-vid connection, too many game systems hooked up at once I guess.......

Yeah it blows, known that for about 3 months now lol But seriously..there has to be a way to get around this

Logicdustbin

Sieger's Squire
Time Base Corrector TBC Synchronizer

csync.gif

ClassicMode1985

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
damn..that looks like it's an arm and a leg...but do we have any other means of like tweaking the JROK itself or some cables or other adapters?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Theres nothing you can do (that i know of) thats actually worth it. You'll just have to accpet the poopy composite video. Best thing for your friend to do (especially in the long run) is to just get a tv that has s-video in.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I swear it depends on the TV.... on my mom's tv, it's not very noticable.

I actualy compared the jrok's composite to the neo's CXA on my Early model AES (I hooked a jrok to my aes)........ I noticed that while slightly more wavy, the Jrok's colors were much richer and less washed.

Shin-Strider

NEST Puppet
The quality varies on my TV everytime I turn on my darn Supergun. I'm playing it on a 25" Samsung that's around 3 years old. Most of the time it looks great, but occasionally it'll just be wavy as hell.

ashram

CompUSA-4-Life, ,
my jrok's composite used to look pretty good, and then i tried it on a different tv (svideo) and never really bothered with composite again until i started building my supergun. realized composite looked like crap. then i remembered, when i first tired it, i used an rf modulator. my old tv didn't have composite or svideo in. so...maybe running the composite to a modulator "could" make it look better. i won't be able to check it out for a bit though, as i have no clue where i put my modulator.