JNX Phase - New Fighting Adapter for Your Dedicated Neo Geo cab **PREORDER**

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
***Cross posting this here in case people didn't see it***

This is a project that I've been working on for 2 years now and we have finally got it to a version where I'm happy with all that it does.

The JNX Phase uses the already known 1+2=3 button method found in Samurai Shodown. Using that logic, the JNX Phase let's you play your favorite 6 button fighters in your dedicated 4 button Neo Geo cabinet without drilling 2 more holes in your CP.

The layout goes:

A = P1
B = P2
A+B = P3
C = K1
D = K2
C+D = K3

But since now we are using a microcontroller we can have these extra abilities:

A+B+C = 3x Punch
B+C+D = 3 x Kick

***Full list at bottom***

There is also a switch that flips between Fight Mode (4=6) or Neo mode where it's the normal 1:1 with each button.

Audio
There is a switch to flip between mono (single slot mono cabs) or stereo (MVS stereo cabs).

Expansion
The edge connector works directly with a Blue Elf/Pandora's Box. There is an 8 pin JST header on the adapter to connect it's outputs to a kick harness input on your fighting board of choice so you can use this fighting system on whatever you want. For example, for CPS2, I can provide an 8P to CPS2 kick harness to plug directly into the A board etc.

Negatron
It also has negatron support, for those boards that may require it. When set to Neo, you can use this adapter as a normal JAMMA to MVS adapter.

Since I've spent so much time developing this product I've exhausted a lot of funds with the R&D so I need to run it as a preorder. I currently have 20 microcontrollers already programmed with the logic.

Right now targeted price point is $38.99 plus shipping($4 1st class and $7 Priority in the US, International is $8 1st class and $34 priority).

***Keep in mind that the target price is the max price for the adapter. If parts come out less due to a good pre-order quantity, the savings will be reflected in the final price. If the final price is lower than the projected then anyone who preordered will be refunded the price difference. Depending on quantity, price could swing anywhere from $2-5 cheaper.***

I'm not sure how much in demand this adapter is which is why I'm doing it as a pre-order. I need at least 20 units pre-ordered to move forward.

If you would like to order one, please send the funds via Paypal me at:

https://www.paypal.me/JammaNationX

Please send the correct total and post here when you order one.

Base price - $38.99
1st class US - $4
Priority US - $7
1st class International - $8
Priority International - $33

Please put "JNX Phase Pre-order" in the notes. The first 20 orders will get a free kick harness of their choice ($6.99 additional after pre-order). I'm willing to expand this offer to any pre-orders placed in this period but keep in mind after the first 20, there is a slightly longer wait since I would need more microcontrollers to be programmed.

CPS1/Taito
CPS2/3
STV
Killer Instinct 1/2
Mortal Kombat 1
Mortal Kombat 2-4
etc

Teaser pic from my IG:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BULuz8uhVlS/?taken-by=jamma_nation_x

As always, thank you for your continued support. I'll be posting in here regularly with updates on the project. Thank you to those that support this project.

Let me know if you have any questions before placing your pre-order.

******Full Button Combo list in Fight Mode******

A - Jab
B - Strong Punch
A+B - Fierce Punch
C - Short Kick
D - Forward Kick
C+D - Roundhouse Kick

A+B+C - 3x Punch
B+C+D - 3 x Kick

A+C - Jab + Short Kick
B+D - Strong Punch + Forward Kick
A+B+C+D - Fierce + Roundhouse

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
The JNX Phase works with both Pandora's Box/Elf pinouts as well as JAMMA and JAMMA+.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
Last bump for preorders. Thanks to those that supported this project.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Hi, I may be really interested (if still in time) but I'd like to understand better how the JAMMA--->MVS audio works. are there involved any resistors to match the speakers impedance? I'm looking for a definitive JAMMA-->MVS adaptor and audio is the part that bothers me most.

Thanks!

Massi

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
Hi, I may be really interested (if still in time) but I'd like to understand better how the JAMMA--->MVS audio works. are there involved any resistors to match the speakers impedance? I'm looking for a definitive JAMMA-->MVS adaptor and audio is the part that bothers me most.

Thanks!

Massi

Yes, it's the same as the JNX Big Red audio circuit which was the same as the jammaboards.com version.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
I have one left from this batch if anyone wants it. Shoot me a PM.

***And taken***

Last edited: