Interesting thing in Fatal Fury Special

it290

Not so MEGA, eh?
Well, similarly to the topic that somebody posted about the alien head in Gen-An's SS2 stage a little while back, I noticed something today while playing Fatal Fury Special. On Andy's stage, in the background you can see Terry hanging out (yep-- even if you're playing as Terry). I've been playing this game practically since it came out and I never spotted that one. Here's a screenshot:

fatfursp.jpg

I don't know if that chick on the right is supposed to be Mai or not, but it kind of looks like her as well.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
..actually, that little chick on the right belongs to Duck King

sorry, couldn't resist
:kekeke:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Aw man, c'mon! I noticed Terry in there the first time I played FF2. But that's pretty wild, after all these years finally noticing it :P I'm guilty myself, as far as that Gen-an SS2 stage goes with the alien.

IIRC I think there are some other character cameos in the background? Maybe I'm going crazy but I believe there are some more in there...could be wrong. Keep a sharp eye out next time you play the Italian stage to uncover more of man's greatest cameo mysteries.

Moose

Moose,
20 Year Member
I dont know if its two or special that has tung fu ru riding a bicycle o Andy's stage.

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
mai is also in italy stage.

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
Heh, call it a programming oversight? Nifty cameos though, and I do think that was Tung in Kim's stage as well. I guess it's an obscure reference to Chun-Li's stage

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
I give you props. I've never noticed that and I too have been playing this game since it came out. :buttrock: That is just craptacular :buttrock:

Technos

Formerly known as #28
20 Year Member
it290 said:
I noticed something today while playing Fatal Fury Special. On Andy's stage, in the background you can see Terry hanging out (yep-- even if you're playing as Terry). I've been playing this game practically since it came out and I never spotted that one. Here's a screenshot:

fatfursp.jpg

Obviously the Terry in the background is the true Terry because the one up front is getting his ass kicked.

-Tech

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Isn't that Mai sitting to the left of the statue?

Tom

The Frog of Genjuro,
Anyone notice that in Big Bear's stage of ffs that there are weight lifters in spedos standing next to sheep? This strikes me as a very odd.

AlphaONE

King's Dry Cleaner
who is the Ninja on the fish in Mai's stage, on FFS?
Also anyone notice the Lochness Monster
on Joe's stage
if you go beyond 3 rounds in the fight?

Could be just the SNES version, but seriously doubt it.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
KOF98 road stage has a lot of people in the background about 5 pixels or so high

you can see ralf or clark , or iori etc.

skawlbox

n00b
AlphaONE said:
who is the Ninja on the fish in Mai's stage, on FFS?
Also anyone notice the Lochness Monster
on Joe's stage
if you go beyond 3 rounds in the fight?

Could be just the SNES version, but seriously doubt it.

It looks like Hanzo from World Heroes, that would be my guess.