Information on Tiato "X series" hardware

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Hello all. I have been looking into the Tiato X games and I am wondering if they are worth getting into. I am never a fan of HDD games just because of the constant fear of them eating dirt. Is it even worth getting the real hardware? Or do the have really viable emulator/general PC based play options for the platform? My interest in running PC tech Based hardware is always on the fence because it is just a new case for the same result.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Taito Type X's are all just x86 PC's. I rebuilt my Type X3 with a 10th gen intel setup and running a multi. All the Type X games can be run using a loader like Teknoparrot for example, they run natively as you would expect.

It's a pity the 1TB drive image for the X3 multi was taken down, has all the games on a single PC + many other systems.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Taito Type X's are all just x86 PC's. I rebuilt my Type X3 with a 10th gen intel setup and running a multi. All the Type X games can be run using a loader like Teknoparrot for example, they run natively as you would expect.

It's a pity the 1TB drive image for the X3 multi was taken down, has all the games on a single PC + many other systems.

Any reason why it was taken down? I'm assuming some drama on arcade projects?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Any reason why it was taken down? I'm assuming some drama on arcade projects?
I think it had something to do with a guy from AP complaining on Emuline forums about the Artax team ceasing further public releases past version 4. I believe it's been reupped by someone else, not sure.