Info on Atomiswave cab (on eBay)?

Bazza1000

Tarma's Gun Polisher
This has come up on eBay and would like to know about more about it:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Atomiswave-Jamma-arcade-cabinet-machine-/221201558909?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D6433280448483552970%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D221201558909%26

Can anyone tell me what it'll need to get it up and running as sounds like the seller has took the internals out of it so is effectively a cabinet and monitor. Will it play neo geo MVS games or would it need converting. If its going to be a lot of work I'll have to leave it, just looks a nice cab though. What price would you be worth bidding on it? As you can tell don't know an awful lot about these cabs just know it looks cool!

Have asked the seller for more information but not had a reply yet.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
If you just want to play MVS it's ready to go. I truthfully wouldn't pay more than what it's going for. And I own one.

Bazza1000

Tarma's Gun Polisher
What exactly is 'Atomiswave' then? Sorry if it sounds like a daft question.

Cool if it'll run my MVS carts that'll be good.

Sounds like it needs some TLC so wouldn't want to pay too much more for it, will keep my eye on it, shame it's already had plenty of bids on it.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Cab looks complete. Decent price. I own one as well. Not a bad cab IMO, but 15khz games don't look as sharp as on an Astro or Egret II.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Cab looks complete. Decent price. I own one as well. Not a bad cab IMO, but 15khz games don't look as sharp as on an Astro or Egret II.

Yea loegan knows what he is talking about, if you've never seen and egret or astro it won't be a deal breaker, but it is a "soft" picture.

loegan43

15 Year Member
"soft picture" that's the way to describe it. 31khz looks great though.

Bazza1000

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Need to do a bit more research on them, probably sounds like best to wait for one of those you've mentioned. Know more about the sega Naomi cabs but not much about others.

Seems a shame that it's not the complete setup but guess the guy has took out the game to maximise his money on it.

How it is now what games is it capable of playing - just the atomiswave cartridges?

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
So whoever the seller of this cab is... that first picture is mine! At least when I had the cab. That is a picture of it in MY garage. You might not be getting that cab if he's stealing other people's pictures and can't even take his own.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
So whoever the seller of this cab is... that first picture is mine! At least when I had the cab. That is a picture of it in MY garage. You might not be getting that cab if he's stealing other people's pictures and can't even take his own.

WTF, that is some scammy shit right there brotha.

loegan43

15 Year Member
Rog, you can report him to ebay and have the auction taken down since he's basically stealing your picture. @Bazza1000, Atomiswave candy cabs are JAMMA standard, so as long as the wiring isn't hacked, you can play any JAMMA game on them. Monitors are Tri-sync too (15khz, 24khz and 31khz). Will play just about any JAMMA game, but looks best in Hi-Res (31khz).

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
WTF, that is some scammy shit right there brotha.

Here is the original picture... which is still on my site:
Atomiswave-01.jpg

Bazza1000

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Omg - am glad I posted this thread, sounds like the seller isn't to be trusted & might not even be that cab they're selling! I asked some extra questions about it and still hasn't been bothered to respond. This should be reported to eBay, also looked in the bidding history and someone has previously put in high bid and retracted in which is fishy. Was hoping it was legit cab has looked nice & in decent nick from your original photo

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
From the description it sounds like it can do Jamma & JVS like my atomiswave. Love my atomiswave but the PSU is shit!

But if he is stealing peoples photos dont bid on it you might end up getting a really junked up cab.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member

Lol, that is scanless! What a trick ass, mark. Hope you nuke this fool.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
I'm giving the AO guys a heads up on that stolen pic info.