IC: WNY Group buy v2:

Celestein

n00b
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Geesh I got a ton of PMs just mentioning it in the other thread.

We're going to be ordering from Ken@thegameroom.com

The "rules" are the same as last time, all payment is up-front, and all cabs will be shipped to my storage location in Lewiston, NY to save on shipping...if you want a single cab out in no-where land, you're better off negotiating separately.

Also like last time...I intend this to be a fast process, soon as I get the refund from the Kingsley order, I will be placing the physical order 1-2 weeks later. Well that certainly didn't speed up anything last time ><, I don't like to waffle for months waiting for people to get off their fence.

The cabs in question are Astro Cities, he is also getting in a container with cyberleads and some other stuff, though I don't know when.

I'll update with pricing, times, etc, as I get them in the near future. In the mean-time, feel free to let me know if you are serious about wanting in.

Biohazard53

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Obviously you know I'm ready, but to peeps who are interested please let Cel know asap so we can get this rolling. :buttrock:

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
450   0   0
Wish you guys better luck on this group buy. From what I've heard, Ken's a very stand up guy to deal with and his cabs look to be in much better shape.

drunkninja

n00b
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Heh, I literally just bought an Astro from Ken this morning (won't get it till next week though because of the holiday). Seems like a trustworthy guy, I think this'll be a much smoother group buy than the last fiasco.

evildede

n00b
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'd definitely be interested in this, most likely for 2 cabs. I'll keep checking in on this page for you you have all the info available!

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I'm in.

Please keep me posted about what other cabs are coming in the other container. I'm really in the market for a Blast, but I could use a Astro for my vert cab.

Skat72

Kabuki Klasher
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am serious about wanting in on this group buy, but need to see what the pricing estimate would be. Once the pricing and order information is updated I can confirm and send payment within a week.

evildede

n00b
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
by the way, I wanted to know, any possibility for us to go pick up the cabs on our own? I might actually be looking at doing that instead of having them shipped to my place. Also, I might be leaving for around 3 to 4 months around the end of January, do you know if payments for the order will normally be done before that or if you think it will take longer? Just wanna know if I'll be able to make this group buy or have to wait for the next one. Thanks!

Celestein

n00b
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
by the way, I wanted to know, any possibility for us to go pick up the cabs on our own? I might actually be looking at doing that instead of having them shipped to my place. Also, I might be leaving for around 3 to 4 months around the end of January, do you know if payments for the order will normally be done before that or if you think it will take longer? Just wanna know if I'll be able to make this group buy or have to wait for the next one. Thanks!

Actually I think people have misunderstood a-bit based on the PMs I've gotten. That's the only option.

Getting a cab shipped to your individual place is rather expensive, all the cabs are going to my storage location in Lewiston NY, at which point it's everyone's responsibility to pick them up themselves. It puts the shipping per cab at around $50-$150 instead of $300-$600, so it's often cheaper to drive a fair distance to pick it up from a central shipping location. I'm not marking these up or making any profit on them, the deal is essentially we all help each other save on shipping costs.

Allegedly my refund was sent Friday, so I should get it this week. As I said, we'll be going forward with this moment I get the refund to pay for my, and the others who ordered with me before's cabs.

Skat72

Kabuki Klasher
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great to hear your getting the refund soon! Just keep us posted about the cab cost and pricing as soon as you figure that out.

drunkninja

n00b
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Just wanted to come in here and vouch for Ken a bit, for anyone understandably nervous about this. I ordered an Astro from him the Wedenesday before Thanksgiving, he shipped it out to me Tuesday, and I just got it today. Everything was very well packed and placed. The cab I got was in great condition with no problems whatsoever. Plugged in a PCB I had lying around and everything just worked:

img0392uh.jpg

img0393jt.jpg

Only thing I really need to replace on it are the sticks. VERY satisfied and would highly recommend Ken.

tpmwr

n00b
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you expecting the end prices to be after the machines show up to NY? (I would prefer a Cyberlead but a New Astro would work too).

Will these be single or double player panels?

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I've had quite a few friends buy from ken, and I've messaged him several times. His cabs are reasonably priced and in really good condition. Aside from the aero table he got before, he doesn't sell junk.

Celestein

n00b
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Well, the good news is I got the refund from Kingsley, just waiting for the check to clear.

The bad news is I lost my (steady) job over the weekend, so I have to take a look at my finances again and see if it's a good idea for me to still go ahead with this on my end, or if I'm going to need that money to get my bar up and running(so that I have a steady stream of income again), since my paycheck has basically been going to nothing for the last year except starting up my bar/arcade, might need to focus on the one that actually makes money instead of buying 10 more cabs.

Skat72

Kabuki Klasher
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best of luck with the Bar/Arcade. Keep me posted when you open up to the public. My friends and will definitely come down and film/take pictures for our site: Arcade-Hunters.com to help with publicity.

Celestein

n00b
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Well after looking things over, projecting income, etc, the $6000~ would be better off spent on other things for the time being, so I'm going to have to cancel the buy for now. I seem to have terrible luck at these things.

Anyways, kingsleys check is supposed to clear on tuesday, so I'll work at refunding people this week.

MonoTekETeA

NEST Puppet
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Smart and Responsible. I will look forward to the next time I get to deal with you Celestein.

-Jeremy