Ibuki and Makoto are both in SSF4

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Well, this is old news, we all knew it was gonna be those three for a while now. The pics are okay, I wanna see vids. Man, we need vids. I'm curious and worried about makoto in this.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Well, this is old news, we all knew it was gonna be those three for a while now. The pics are okay, I wanna see vids. Man, we need vids. I'm curious and worried about makoto in this.

This game is gonna give you a stroke.

You'll play it, find flaws, yet you'll continue to play it. Hoping that it'll one day become a great game, but it won't.

I just keep 3S on my super-gun and remain happy.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
This game is gonna give you a stroke.

You'll play it, find flaws, yet you'll continue to play it. Hoping that it'll one day become a great game, but it won't.

I just keep 3S on my super-gun and remain happy.

I love IV. I just don't wanna do another year of fighting sagat's that are nearly unbeatable because my character can't beat standing roundhouse and low tigers. If adapting to someones play style never matters, its because the character is fucked up. Period. I have the mind to where I can build someone to do shit, but sagat just beats so many things with simple basic fundamentals, its nuts. If the player is adaptive ontop of that, its worse then a nightmare. (No, turn punches aren't the answer, and can be bated)

I mean, usually when you say something like this, it is because you are a scrub and don't understand the match. The thing is, I do understand it. Its just that you put mad time into mastering your character, you can beat nearly anyone, and then you run into some random sagat who's actually good as you or slightly under your level and win 2 out of 10 matches because the hill to climb is super high compared to your character. At one point I almost likened the game to be sort of a glass ceiling, because if you look at the top ranking japan players, they all use top tiers and consistently win tourneys. Mago is a perfect example of that, and you never hear shit about characters like blanka or honda in long term tourney wins, its to much fucking work if it can even be done. My issue is the game lacks the ability of players to express a unique style through their play style, it operates entirely book outside of Ryu's footsie game and the fucking engine just serves the quickest frame, longest range extending pokes to much. This shit is why I murder people with rog. His jab destroys.

This is why Dhalsim can completely destroy so many characters.

My friend is also saying that he thinks sagat got better. That fucker either loses the damage, or I'm not gonna be a seriously player, because I no longer have the time to dominate characters who have tremendous advantages by playing that shit constantly. Could I win that match with adapting to styles? Sure, but even then, the consistency and upkeep are totally not worth it. People have no idea how much work it requires to be truly good at a fighting game. Its constant upkeep, and dedication, and practice and matches, and you end up just being better off not being involved at all and just playing a FPS, unless you truly care and find real joy in the formula.

I can only play IV for about a half hour till I gotta just put it down. I'm tired of winning with the same fucking combos that I HAVE to use in situations, because they are the best damaging or book chocies. In 3S, Urien has HUNDRED's of set ups with aegis. The depth isn't even a comparison on any level. In the year 2015, people will still be discovering new shit in 3S with his set ups, and as of today, IV is a done deal.

Last edited: