I need some Comic Book help.

I'm thinking about getting back into comics again. I have a strong ambition to read the past 20 years of X-men and several of the side stories. Question is, is there some kind of database that has information about comic book storylines... more specificly I'm looking for information on sub-stories branching off into other comic book series, one shots, etc.

Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Thank you,

Criterionradiohead ;)

slerch666

updyke,
Don't know if it helps, but I found the Marvel Directory. Not sure if that's the kind of info you are looking for, and it's far from complete, but it is a start.

If you want to wade in I would highly recommend the trade paperbacks and hardcovers. You get whole stores without getting into the individual issues (full of junk ads and stuff) and the associated collectible nature.

I did this b/c I was interested in the stories, not tracking down an issue in double-dog mint condition, etc. I didn't need something else to drive me crazy.

I've enjoyed the approach, but you might like something different.

Edit: It works particularly well for X-Men and Spider-Man due to the large number of books available.

B

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
For X-Men get the Xmen Essentials. They start you right in the Classic Era. Chris Claremont writing. Starts at Giant Size Xmen #1 when it was a last ditch attempt to ressurect the X-Men and it worked.

You get 20 issues of continuity for $15.00

Sure its only B&W but some of that art looks great this way.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
MilkManX said:
For X-Men get the Xmen Essentials. They start you right in the Classic Era. Chris Claremont writing. Starts at Giant Size Xmen #1 when it was a last ditch attempt to ressurect the X-Men and it worked.

You get 20 issues of continuity for $15.00

Sure its only B&W but some of that art looks great this way.

I have a hardback collecting the issues after the Dark Phoenix Saga, and some of the end of that saga. Impressive stuff, some of my favorite comics.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
The problem with the Essentials is its in black and white.

I would go for the Marvel MasterWorks that are in color and hardback (they just started making some in paperback too though).

They have X-Men and The Uncanny X-Men with a few 10 comic volumes for each series.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
dunno if you're interested, but i have a big box full of comics i've collected throughout the 80's/90's. don't care for comics anymore & no kids to pass em onto so i don't mind getting rid of them. lot's of x-men stuff.

p.s. your Gozu sig, i picked up that exact card at an Edward's Cinemas awhile ago. pretty kick ass place, they only play international/independent films at that particular theatre and always have movie cards laying on this table for you to take for free.
[incase anyone wants to know what Edwards i'm talking about, it's: Edwards University Town Center 6 - 4245 Campus Drive, Irvine, CA, 92612 - 949-854-8818]

:multi_co: