I have 2 neo geo gold system but there different, WHY?

OK i have 2 neo geo gold system and i notice that one of them has a serial number of 058*** and the other one has 012***
and the one with the 012*** number is a lot more heavy then the other one, plus i open up both systems to put a S-Video and Stero cables on them and the one wiht the )12*** board is a lot different from the other one specially near the memory card space, there both US is there a reason why both are different maybe one is newer than the other one, but which one.........
Hey Guys thanks in advance.

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Your older system (with the lower serial number) is heavier because of the shielding and also because it may have an additional video upgrade daughterboard.

The one with the higher serial is most likely a NEO-AES3 board (in the 58K range), and is one of the best boards before SNK screwed up the video on the later boards, again. The AES3 and AES4 boards are about the best for the SVideo mods.

You can contact www.neogeofreak.com to have them do the SVideo mod for you if you don't want to mess with it. They are running a special at $90 for their "Super Neo" mods.

Jeff

Well i actually did the S-video my self and let me tell you that the 012** looks a lot more cleaner than the 058***.
so the one that is really heavy is older, but like i said i did both the that one looks better they both look really clean, almost like the arcade, but i notice that on the 058** system is looks a little bit dark just enought that you could tell the diference i hook both of them and when i switch from one to the other you see the light changing, and im almost sure that i did it right.
Thank you for your answer JMK.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Hey Jeff, why are you referring him to Dion for a mod? Isn't that like throwing him to the wolves?
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

wjw123

Krauser's Henchman
Maybe Jeff is overworked with his own special! So he sends people to the competitors.

Originally posted by chimpmeister:
Hey Jeff, why are you referring him to Dion for a mod? Isn't that like throwing him to the wolves?
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Ransom

n00b
Okay, I'm getting ready to buy my first Neo and I'm suffering information overload. There are all these little facts I've picked up in various places...higher serial numbers are better for cart units, right? The video is better? Worse? Has anyone made a concise history of all this stuff having to do with video output?