How do I stop the Arcade from using credits on both sides when I play on 2P side?

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
This is getting annoying.

I have a 4 Slot US cab, with the latest Unibios in it.

I want to play on the 2nd player (right) side, not player 1.

The cabinet keeps forcing me to use 2 credits if I want to use that side, and it automatically uses one for the Player 1 side, and before I can start the game, I need to defeat the Player 1's "human" side before I can play against CPU.

Trying to play KOF games BTW.

RomanH

n00b
I'm not quite sure what your goal is. Do you just want to use the right side of you cabinet to play as player 1? Then just rewire the buttons and the joystick.

Or do you not want to spend the credits? Just switch to freeplay (it's dipswitch 7 I think).

Or do you want player 1 to be on the right side in the game? I don't think that's possible.

RomanH

Daedalus

If there's a Bandwagon. I'm on it!
He wants to walk up to the cab put a quarter in on the 2player side, and play by himself on the two player side. I did this when SF2 first came out, for some reason :dragf: was much easier for me on that side when I was a kid.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
that's weird, is this a bios thing? I've had this problem in the arcade with a SVC chaos cab once, the 1p stick was broken and I just wanted to practice on the 2p side a bit but 1 credit would only allow you to press the 1p start.

my cab has a US bios and you can play on whatever side you credit or just hit start on with freeplay. maybe try setting your unibios to US mode if its not already?

I think I read something about how the japanese bios shares credits while the US bios has separate credits for each player. Not even positive this is relevant but maybe.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
It is quite strange, because the cabinet did not act like this for years and years, and only started a couple months ago, without me doing anything.

It was set on US Arcade, and I set it on Japan Arcade and Europe Arcade, but it's all still the same.

The 2P coin slot only gives credits to 1P, which is to say, the 2P coin is not doing anything since both coin slots only go to 1P.

If there's 1 credit in the game, it will not let me play on 2P side alone.

Quite confusing, and I am getting tired of having to face a dead human 1P opponent before I can play the actual game.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
You need to change the coin switch in the hard dips I think.

Fett

Camel Slug
I dont think where you put the coin matters, it's which start button you press afterwards. I could be wrong though, mines been on freeplay forever.

malignantpoodle

Robert Garcia's Butler
It does matter which side you put the coin in. Left side is player 1 right side is player 2.

Strange that it just started doing it though...

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
You need to change the coin switch in the hard dips I think.

The thing is, I did not change anything on the board or the cabinet, it just simply started doing it.

Previously, when I pulled the 2P coin slot, the LED Display for 2P showed me credits for pulling that slot.

Now it does not matter which coin slot I pull for credits, all credits are displayed only on the 1P side and I cannot play on 2P unless I have 2 credits, and the machine automatically presses start for 1P but I don't want that.

I thought it was the BIOS, but it's not, and it's also not the Board because I have the options in the Test Menu set up for credits on both sides, not just 1P.

:conf:

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
What region is your unibios set to? I've had this same issue with a few different euro 1, 2, and 4 slot boards with factory bios.

Moanin_Ronin

New Challenger
Just to back up your conjecture, I have a multi-slot cab and the unibios running on it and normally play it on free play (dip 7 off) but when I credit the player 2 coin slot it shows credit on the player 1 side.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
It's currently set to Europe Arcade.

It was USA Arcade before when it started, that's why I changed it.

Actually tried Japan Arcade first, but got a face full of Kanji, so I put it to Europe.

None of the 3 make it work normally though.

Oh and I am using the latest Unibios from Razoola.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Erm, don't know why this worked, but I guess I fixed it.

Switched the Unibios setting back to USA Arcade, and now when I pull 2P coin slot, it gives credits to 2P, and I can play as just 2P now.

Strange.