How did you buy Homecarts in the late 90s?

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Viewpoint was stated as 'limited run' in the UK too. Was it actually 'limited' at all? I recall it being 225GBP back in the day.

Only the first batch was, apparently due to some legal "misunderstandings" between SNK & Sammy, probably money related or maybe just an urban legend. To get a copy on release on the old continent was a pain, but little later the market was flooded with another run.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
No one familiar with "Oriental Trading" in Miami? It was next to a furniture store, a small place, pretty rad. Right on the strip near south beach, that was my place but it was so long ago that it has been replaced with a clothing store...:(

Edit: There was also an Oriental Trading in Orlando FL right on Colonial Drive not far from Orange Ave, I did get some Saturn, PSX, and Beast Wars, Gundam Models stuff there as well besides Neo.

Last edited:

frazer99

Living on the wrong, side of the Pennines,
20 Year Member
Thanks. I took those two pics of a Spanish magazine which is specialized in video games (called 'HobbyConsolas') where this advertisement appeared. Of course you can share it, but the pic of LASP ad. was taken from the internet. I think that I have this magazine (HobbyConsolas #3) in my house of the beach.
I will scan it and send a High Res pic to you next time when I'll go there, maybe in two weeks.

Great stuff, thanks.

frazer99

Living on the wrong, side of the Pennines,
20 Year Member
Only the first batch was, apparently due to some legal "misunderstandings" between SNK & Sammy, probably money related or maybe just an urban legend. To get a copy on release on the old continent was a pain, but little later the market was flooded with another run.

Yeah I always assumed it was just to push sales - I didn't hear of any stockists selling out.