Home Closed Beta

kobylka68

Basara's Blade Keeper
I just got an email from sony with an invite to the Home closed beta. I am downloading the software right now. Anyone else in the home beta?

kobylka68

Basara's Blade Keeper
The email mentioned that I got in because I downloaded the home theme they put up on the psn a while ago.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
No as I didnt apply, but last night I used the same method to apply for the SOCOM beta.

So how is it?

kobylka68

Basara's Blade Keeper
Well I only played it for about an hour because I didn't have much time but it was an interesting experience. Not amazing but not too bad.

You start out in a closet area where you create your character. You can change pretty much everything about them or pick a preset character. It looks like you can create up to about 10 characters. There were 10 save spots so I am assuming that's what they are for.

After character creation I got into my house. Which is basically a large loft overseeing a pier. In there you get to decorate your house with wallpaper and appliances and furniture and such. I only started out with minimal furniture I could put in my house. I guess the rest needs to be unlocked or bought.

Leaving the house I went into the Central Plaza. This is the one thing that annoyed me which is every new place you go there's a download to sit through. The downloads are fast but annoying when you just want to run around and explore. The plaza had a few area you can go into.

1) The movie theatre - A normal movie theatre that plays trailers for games. When I was there it was playing a trailer for The Last Guy. Small area and not much to do but watch movies.

2) Mall - Large 2 floor shopping mall. Lots of stores to get clothes, furniture, accessories and I think even new houses. Didn't go into the stores yet so not sure what kind of currency they deal in.

3) Game Area - Basically it's a game center. There are areas to play pool, arcade games or bowl with other Home users. The arcade has a few small games that can be played there's a racer game and a puzzle game.

4) Courtyard which is basically the main area of the Plaza where you can just walk around and talk to people. Not much else there.

The graphics are absolutely gorgeous. No complaints there. The total area was a lot smaller than I imagined. Overall there was quite a few people there but not much to really do. Maybe I was missing some things because I just did a quick run through. It's nothing amazing now but definitely has some potential.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
Still no invite here, and yes I downloaded the shitty theme. :mad:

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
I downloaded the theme when it was released, but I hadn't received an email as of this morning. Perhaps there will be one waiting for me when I arrive home. :)