Highway Entertainment

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
I bought a PCB kit from Highway Entertainment last week and just got it in the mail today. The entire process has been great with these guys, up until getting the game in the mail.

During the buying process they sent me several pics of the kit's contents, and pics of the game running in a cab so I could verify the version. I was very happy with the level of service they were providing me at that point.

I knew the PCB kit had a sticker on it and a small piece of tape on it and I figured it should come off rather easy, what I was not prepared for was getting a PCB kit in the mail, only to find it wrapped in paper. While taking the kit out of it wrapping I found that the PCB box had been taped shut by Highway Entertainment, and there was writing on the side on the box in marker, and to top it off, the bottom of the box was crushed.

The writing on the side of the box was never mentioned to me, despite asking about the overall condition of the box several times, and they showed extreme negligence by taping the box shut and then wrapping it in paper and mailing it out.

For the price I paid, I assumed shipping it in a bigger box would have been a given. I'm going to send them an email tonight and see if they can give me a partial refund, if not live and learn I guess.

If anyone buys from them, be sure to have them ship your game in a box!!

Also if anyone out there has a MFBL box in good shape that they would like to sell, please let me know.

Last edited:

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
damn. that really sucks... they shipped a cave box by itself? MFBL no less???

They should know better!

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
Yeah they pulled a sammybean on me.

Funny enough I bought an art set recently from CAVE and it came in a huge box with layers of bubble wrap. CAVE knows collectors buy their stuff and they cater to that when it comes to shipping, and Highway Entertainment knew damn well I was collector too. I even placed a call to them once it was paid for to ensure it was packed well.

Thankfully the kit contents are in amazing shape and are 100 percent complete and the the board looks brand new. It definitely saw some use in an arcade in japan though, some of the high scores are ridiculous!

You know how much I paid for this, how much do you think the box alone is worth? How much of a refund do you think I should ask for?

I was thinking of asking for 100 back, I know its just a stupid box but CAVE only made 150 of them with that damn sticker on it.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
boxes sell on shmups around 100 to 150.

My Ibara Kuro box is caved in a little bit...but i still have that sticker! haha.

ookitarepanda

rare's hero,
Ha, I was wondering who finally snagged that MFBL. $850 is a pretty sweet deal for a FULL KIT of that game. BTW, I should ask, is it the international version or the original?

I actually had a semi-terrific experience with them...

Same deal, almost to a T, but I never bothered to ask for pictures and condition of the product. I bought what was listed as a "Mushihimesama Futari ver 1.5" for $300 plus shipping. They shipped the game in the kit box, wrapped in paper, which I thought was strange. But at the same time, I didn't even know it was a kit. They had only listed it as a PCB with "Instructions" and "Header." That was it.

To my surprise, I opened the box they sent and saw it was a full kit, first of all, which made me smile. Also, even with the wrapping, the box is just fine, not a single crinkle. Then I noticed that it was not Mushi Futari at all, it was Mushihimesama the original! I was happy enough since I was looking for that game at the same time, but I sent them an e-mail anyway to tell them they sent me the wrong game. They refunded me $80 at that point, asking if a partial refund would be fine because they typically don't stock cave games.

All the kit bits are great, and I couldn't care less about the box having writing and a couple stickers on it because I didn't even expect to get them. Overall, $300 shipped for a Mushi 1 kit is fine with me.

Last edited:

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I'd chalk this up to the price you pay for getting an unbelievable deal.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
Ha, I was wondering who finally snagged that MFBL. $850 is a pretty sweet deal for a FULL KIT of that game. BTW, I should ask, is it the international version or the original?

I actually had a semi-terrific experience with them...

Same deal, almost to a T, but I never bothered to ask for pictures and condition of the product. I bought what was listed as a "Mushihimesama Futari ver 1.5" for $300 plus shipping. They shipped the game in the kit box, wrapped in paper, which I thought was strange. But at the same time, I didn't even know it was a kit. They had only listed it as a PCB with "Instructions" and "Header." That was it.

To my surprise, I opened the box they sent and saw it was a full kit, first of all, which made me smile. Also, even with the wrapping, the box is just fine, not a single crinkle. Then I noticed that it was not Mushi Futari at all, it was Mushihimesama the original! I was happy enough since I was looking for that game at the same time, but I sent them an e-mail anyway to tell them they sent me the wrong game. They refunded me $80 at that point, asking if a partial refund would be fine because they typically don't stock cave games.

All the kit bits are great, and I couldn't care less about the box having writing and a couple stickers on it because I didn't even expect to get them. Overall, $300 shipped for a Mushi 1 kit is fine with me.

Damn, congrats that is a sweet deal! I ended up not even asking for a partial refund. I think what I paid might possibly be the cheapest a full kit of MFBL has ever sold for, I'm sure a bare board goes for much more thank what I paid. Right now I'm happy with what I got. It even came with a 1.5 move strip and 1.5 stickers for operators who upgraded a 1.0 to a 1.5. Kinda a cool bonus.

The kit I got is not the international, I'm kinda glad its not too, from what I have read international is a much easier version of the game.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I'd chalk this up to the price you pay for getting an unbelievable deal.

I wouldn't.

I'd never settle for a product that wasn't in the condition it was described, regardless of price.

I'd say you got a decent deal - seen full mint kits go for $950 - so its not too far off the beaten path.

Enjoy the game...

Last edited:

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
Turns out there is a graphical glitch on the left side of the screen with the level 1 boss. I thought I saw it with the level 2 boss as well but I have been unable to reproduce it. I tested the board in both of my cabs and the same thing happens. I called HE today and they are going to contact CAVE and see if it is possible to have the board repaired. Keeping my fingers crossed.

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
Turns out there is a graphical glitch on the left side of the screen with the level 1 boss. I thought I saw it with the level 2 boss as well but I have been unable to reproduce it. I tested the board in both of my cabs and the same thing happens. I called HE today and they are going to contact CAVE and see if it is possible to have the board repaired. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Is it possible that's a voltage issue? I recall that some cave games really push the limits. How does the issue present itself? You think the sprite data is corrupt?

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
The issue happens once you start to venture to the left side of the screen. The background right along the left side of the screen starts to corrupt in various shades of blue and green. I haven't tested the voltage and currently can't at the moment as I don't have a voltmeter. I did however get the cab from a fellow forum member who was very methodical about restoring the cab so I trust the voltage is set correctly. The cab has also housed several other cave boards without issue. The odd thing is this only happens in this part of the game, the other two modes (manic, god) have no problems in other parts of the game where the screen is almost completely purple. I'm leaning towards sprite corruption with the background for the level 1 boss. If that is the issue then I think the only option would be a reflash from CAVE. :(

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
It won't hurt to check the volts starting with the +5v which is usually the culprit with graphic glitches if it's just a bit to high , a multimeter is just a couple of bucks , the check less than a minute and you need one anyway if you have a Cab .
I check my cabs once a year and its the first thing I check if a graphic problem arises .

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
The issue happens once you start to venture to the left side of the screen. The background right along the left side of the screen starts to corrupt in various shades of blue and green. I haven't tested the voltage and currently can't at the moment as I don't have a voltmeter. I did however get the cab from a fellow forum member who was very methodical about restoring the cab so I trust the voltage is set correctly. The cab has also housed several other cave boards without issue. The odd thing is this only happens in this part of the game, the other two modes (manic, god) have no problems in other parts of the game where the screen is almost completely purple. I'm leaning towards sprite corruption with the background for the level 1 boss. If that is the issue then I think the only option would be a reflash from CAVE. :(

You should post this over at the Shmups forum to see if they have seen this before.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
Just created an account there, HE contacted me and said they spoke with another customer who owns this game and HE claims they have the same issue. Interesting.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
Well just got a confirmation from shmups:

"Mine does it too - dependant on how many bullets and where they are in relation to you and the left side of the screen - timing issue in the hardware/code itself, I'd ignore it. Mine does purple/blue mostly."

Looks to be a know issue with the game. +1 for Highway Entertainment, just be sure to ask for your game to be shipped in a box! :)