help me on this one guys.,

JONESGFX

Crazed MVS Addict
If you were around back in the glory days of the arcade for fighting games, Like street fighter 2 champ/turbo and the dawning of MK 1 and 2. On the big crowd drawing machines my local arcade had a seperate monitor contained in a box that set on top of arcade machine. This monitor just displayed what was currently on the street fighter machine ( dual monitor setup). I want one of these things, are they still available to buy? Whats the actual name of it, or what is it refered to as? Since I find it kinda of hard to believe the people working there were doing anything crazy wiring wise, how was this connected to the jamma board, was there some kind of harness splitter or video repeater that did this? Lastly a hypothetical one, would this at all be possible to do with a standard tv? ( to save on money for a novelty). thanks alot guys, I know a few people here have to know what im talking about.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Yeah, I remember that type of setup. I'd think you could just make/find some sort of splitter harness that would have two outputs. Again, I'm not 100% sure.

Dr No

n00b
This is not exactly what you are looking for, but if you can find one you might want to check out a Super Neo 29 Type II sit-down cabinet. It has an LCD screen built into the top of the cabinet that mirrors the video on the main (CRT) screen. I've got one myself, and it's a nice little feature. And it's a small package overall, good if space is an issue.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
All you need is an Amplifier for the RGB and a Video Encoder.