Headphone Recommendations?

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
Calling all audiophiles, which is why I'm posting here... I'm in the market for a new pair of headphones. They'll be for my PC at home, so I can play games, and listen to music without having to worry about my stuff being on too loud and bothering my girlfriend if she has to be doing homework in the same room, where her PC is as well. I know I want dynamic headphones, and NOT open-air type. I don't need anything that tries to simulate (or is) surround sound, either. Stereo is fine. I'm looking to spend around $50, give or take. I know I can't buy the best headphones for that, but I'm hoping I can buy something that sounds good. I like something with a good balance of frequency response - for example, not too much bass. This is especially important considering that my PC sound hardware doesn't have bass / treble control, and that I'm not planning on switching to another sound card.

So, with that being said... I'd like to hear from some of you. Experience. Recommendations. Information. Anything will be appreciated.