GUNBIRD2 PCB region change??

John_Smith

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Hey thar all! I just got my hands on a nice clean copy of Gunbird2 and the JP4 jumpers are all still intact, thus the text is all in Japanese. Which of the jumpers do I break on this board revision to make it the world version? :help:

PCB Rev - PS5

This is what the jumpers and nearby resistors look like with the JAMMA connector facing me.

JP4
-----
-(|-|)- -|R3|-
-(|-|)- -|R8|-
-(|-|)- -|R9|-
-(|-|)- -|R10|-
-----

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Cheers! ;)

John_Smith

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Thanks for the input there guys! I ended up taking reference from 'Dragon Blaze' as its as close a board revision as I could find on that site. I cut the trace that was supposed to make it into 'International Ver A', but it ended up making it 'International Ver B' but it seems to be exactly what I was after anyway so all is right with the world!! :D

Oh.....and Gunbird2 rocks!! :buttrock:

Just got a copy of Toaplan's "Batsugun" too, that game kicks ass for a '93 release!!

John_Smith

B. Jenet's Firstmate
ttooddddyy said:
Where are you getting your boards from John ?

Hrmm.......I've been getting them from all over the place really! I just picked up "Gunbird2" from a seller named puyo2345 on eBay from whom I've also bought copies of 'DoDonpachi' and 'Strikers 1945'. Good trustworthy and prompt seller if anyone's wondering!! Coin-Op Express has been good for titles such as 'ESPRade' and 'Guwange'. 'Batsugun' however, was bought from the good folks at Highway Games in Sydney, Australia. Tis a bit more convenient and quite often cheaper to get things in my own country, but exotic stuff like the Cave shooters and even a lot of the Psikyo games are really tough to find here which is a shame. :(

Cheers man! :D

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Youve got some awsome games there
Do you have highway games email address.
Might drop them a line and see what they have.
Ive been getting stuff from Cosmicco, Im sure the freight would be cheaper out of Australia.

John_Smith

B. Jenet's Firstmate
ttooddddyy said:
Youve got some awsome games there
Do you have highway games email address.
Might drop them a line and see what they have.
Ive been getting stuff from Cosmicco, Im sure the freight would be cheaper out of Australia.

Yeah sure man take a look at their site -

http://www.highway.net.au/

They're nice guys to deal with and I'm sure the shipping would be a bit more pleasant from here than from Hong Kong!! ;)