Guitar Enthusiasts...Line 6 Pod XT Live..

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Well, I went and did it. I went to a sale at my local Guitar Center. (They have nice sales). I happened to pick up a Line 6 Pod XT Live for my Guitar. I have to say, it seems like the ultimate investment for me. I'm already liking the sounds that come out of that puppy, even with the presets. Though I can see myself quickly setting up my own, if I don't find the one I'm looking for via download.

Needless to say, I really like the idea of a complete floor rack that actually is upgradable via software. Sometime tonight, I should hopefully get this thing set up and try grabbing a few from online. I'm looking for a nice straight chorus, with a little echo, and a nice clean drive behind it (not sure which one, I'll need to experiment). Strangely, the exact one I'm looking for doesn't come preloaded. It comes with some nice ones though, and like they mention, it seems to emulate some pretty in-depth precise features on various amplifiers; reacting to your own volume, pickup settings, and tone dials in distinct ways.

Anyway, I think I'm just about set for life, when it comes to pedals. I'm rather impressed with the features this one has. I'm rather serious about crafting soundtrack BGMs, so I wanted the whole gamut in terms of crafting odd and new sounds with a guitar, plus cover the classics. It seems to be able to hook up to any kind of sound system or studio you want, so I think this will be permanent. Anybody else check out one of these?

P.S. - Just for fun, I'm trying to set up a patch that creates the same exact settings used for the lead guitar in Guilty Gear's XX #Reload Korean soundtrack "Get Out of my Way." I already have a patch that's satisfactory for the rhythm guitar's part.

Last edited:

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Very nice. As for me, any $5 acoustic guitar with cheesegrater action is good enough to keep my neighbors up all night. Any audience is a good audience I always say. :cool: :kekeke: