Good SCART to HDMI for AES ?

Official Ninja

Morden's Lackey
I currently have a Euro SCART cable for my AES. I also have a Euro to Japanese RGB-21 adapter so I can use the cable with my XRGB 2+. However the XRGB 2+ only gives me a good picture with one of my TVs. All others the picture is "wavy".

I have been using a cheap SCART RGB to Component converter to play AES but the picture is not stable. During flashing scenes the picture looses sync. Like the intro to Samurai Showdown when the guy cuts the tree in half...
The converter is a CVS2087...

So now I am thinking I might try a SCART RGB to HDMI converter. Was wondering if anyone here could give me a clue about what model or models work well with the AES and won't loose sync during the Samurai intro :)

Thanks!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I haven't found a good scart to HDMI converter. They all come out looking like it's converting composite to HDMI.

If your TV loses sync on flashes it's most likely from insufficient ac coupling.

Official Ninja

Morden's Lackey
I haven't found a good scart to HDMI converter. They all come out looking like it's converting composite to HDMI.

If your TV loses sync on flashes it's most likely from insufficient ac coupling.

Hi Xian Xi.
It is not the TVs but the converter. With the XRGB 2+ they work fine. But like I said the XRGB is crappy (wavy like different sections of the screen have the phase changing) expect one LG TV and it is BEAUTIFUL and rock solid on that one. It is also wavy like that with every monitor I have tried CRT or LCD. I guess I just get lucky to have that one TV that happens to work. :-p
All the sets work fine with composite also. The problem follows the converter for sure.

Too bad the HDMI converters don't seem to work well...

Elder

NEST Puppet
I saw this video the other day that looks quite promising. Not sure how it would work on the Neo though, but if anyone has tried it out, be sure to let me know.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Hi Xian Xi.
It is not the TVs but the converter. With the XRGB 2+ they work fine. But like I said the XRGB is crappy (wavy like different sections of the screen have the phase changing) expect one LG TV and it is BEAUTIFUL and rock solid on that one. It is also wavy like that with every monitor I have tried CRT or LCD. I guess I just get lucky to have that one TV that happens to work. :-p
All the sets work fine with composite also. The problem follows the converter for sure.

Too bad the HDMI converters don't seem to work well...

The ac coupling problem is in the AES if it isn't a 3-5 or 3-6 revision.

Official Ninja

Morden's Lackey
So is the ac coupling problem fixable? Is there a guide out there on how to go about it?

My AES is the original release USA model.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
So is the ac coupling problem fixable? Is there a guide out there on how to go about it?

My AES is the original release USA model.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

It's just a matter of changing out the caps and resistors near the AV socket with the correct values. 470uf@16v caps and 75ohm resistors for the RGBS lines. If you have a 3-5 or 3-6 the values are already correct, any other model will need to be changed.